𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝐸𝑁

====♫♫♫====

====♫♫♫====

Everything felt like a blur. Iris remembers the feeling of emptiness. Her heart started to hurt so much she felt like she was having a heart attack and by the time Hopper finished telling her what happened, she practically ran to the bathroom and vomited in the toilet.

She remembers Hopper patting her back to calm down the hysterical girl as she practically collapsed in his arms as she sobbed into his chest, her hands clenched around his shirt as everything inside her hurt.

Iris remembers crying to Hopper telling him to tell her he's just joking. To tell her it's not true. But she knows it's true. She knows the reality.

She lost her best friend. The one person who knew Iris better then she knew herself. The person who encouraged her to do better in everything she does. The person Iris loved more then anything.

Bob didn't deserve it. He was kind, sweet and had so much to live for. He promised his daughter he would take her to Europe one day and now Iris knows that won't happen. He promised Iris he would have her live with him one day and now Iris knows that won't happen either. He promised many things, and now none of those will ever happen.

Everything was so unfair. Why is it that the kindest people get treated the worst? Why did it have to be Bob? How did he even get roped into this mess? I guess Iris and Bob had more in common then they thought.

Hopper soon left the girl to grieve. Iris was sitting in a ball rocking back and forth in the corner of the room muttering to herself. Her eyes were red and puffy and her vision was blurry due to how much she had been crying. The girl held a hand to her heart as she felt it hurt. She has never felt as empty as she did now.

The girl grabbed onto a pillow next to her and screamed into it loudly as she continued to sob into it. She screamed and yelled into the pillow so much that eventually the rest of the group seemed to hear her and sent in someone to check on her.

The sudden knock on the door alerted the grief stricken girl as she looked up and croaked a soft 'go away' as she tightly hugged a pillow to her chest.

She doesn't want any of her friends to see her like this. She doesn't wasn't Joyce to get more upset. She doesn't want Hopper to tell her it's gonna be alright when they both know it won't be.

"It's Steve" The voice says as Iris's head slowly lifts up from the pillow.

"Come in" Iris mumbles as she attempts to wipe the tears from her face before inevitably giving up.