Episode 26

Taehyung's P.0.V

        The moment i heard Jennie's urgent tone, i started to running to my car right away while we were still talking on the phone. By the time she hung up, I was already driving, more like speeding.

        just hoped there was no cop around because i couldn't afford to be pulled over and got delayed even more.

       It made it within half an hour even through it was 40 minutes drive. Before i even entered the coffee shop, Jennie run out through the front door and crashed into me, almost knocking me over.

     She must have been watching for me through the windows. She held on to my neck tightly as he shoulders shook while she sobbed in the crook of my neck. I hugged her just as tightly and tried to soothe her.

     "Sshh, i'm here honey. Everything's going to be okay."

     She nodded against me while i waited until she calmed down and her shaking body subsided, i leaned my cheek on her head and asked her.

    "Did the police already take your statement?" She nodded again and mumbled into my chest.

    ''Yes, but they didn't seem to take it seriously. They said that they got these kinds of claims oftem and nothing serious ever came out of it." She said disappointedly.

     "Do you need anything back at the apartment?" I grunted so much for law enforcement, they were not always dependable.

    "Just my phone and my purse." She said, Her voice muffeld against my black hoodie.

    "Okay, let's go get them and then you're coming back home with me." I said with finality as i led her back to the apartment with my hand on her waist.

    "Oh, i gotta call Mia and warned her not to come back to the apartment alone incase Justine is still lurking around. Maybe she can stay with her boyfriend for the meantime." She said thoughtfully when we arrived at the apartment.

JENNIE'S P.O.V

        I was so happy seeing Taehyung that i had forgotten that we were still on a break. Now, as we stood in front of the door to his penthouse, i was unsure about entering.

    His hand on the small of my back didn't help since its heat burned me as it lit the fire to my burniny desires. Taehyung saw my hesitation and asked me..

    "What's wrong? Did you forget something else at the apartment? You still have half of your clothes here and we can always buy more clothes and anything else you might need.

    "Uhm, n-nothing. H.." I turned to face him as i looked into his beautiful eyes shining out me.

     "H-.." Words failed me as i tried to form a coherent sentence.

     How do i tell him that i fear stepping back into his house, that if i entered, we would be back at square one and accepting our old situation- that he didn't had enough time to think things through and me being here would make him complement that he made a zero improvements in our relationship since we took a break.

     Instead of voicing my trepidation, what came out my mouth was..

    "I missed you."