Episode 23

Taehyung's P.O.V

      I got home around 11pm and found the place empty. I immediately took out my phone and called Jennie but all my calls went unanswered. I paced back and forth wondering where she could have gone and remembered that she was with Jungkook earlier.

    I didn't know where he lived so i called Mia. When she didn't picked up. I decided to call other people who also knew Jungkook hoping they would know his whereabouts. None of the people talked to had the information i needed.

    In the end, i had to call Mr. Jeon, Jungkook's father for the location. It was awkward trying to explain why i needed to know his son's address but he wasn't a nosy and didn't pry. I was remarkably surprised after finding out that he lived nearby.

    Now, as i stood in front of his apartment, i was nervous at what i might found. I didn't like Jungkook since the first time i saw him talking to jennie on the balcony. From the look on his face, i had known right away that he was interested in her. From that moment on, my dislike for him had only increased.

     My anxiety doubled as i pictured how Jennie would react to seeing me. I knew she was extremely angry thinking that i had betrayed he again. I could only hope that she would listen to my explanations and then everything will be cleared.

    For the first time in my life, i stared to regret some of my decisions. The strategies that i had planned so meticulously now seemed to somewhat unsatisfactory. Maybe i shouldn't have kept jennie in the dark on certains matters.

    I inhaled deeply and raised my hand to press on the doorbell button as i exhaled. Fifteen long seconds ticked by and i was worried that no one was home. Finally, i heard the door unlockd and pulled open.

    Jungkook stared back at me with half closed eyes while jennie walked up behind him as she rubbed the tiredness out of her face.

    I stood in the doorway glaring at Jungkook with Jennie a step behind him in similar pajamas and my fingers curled into fists. What were they doing? They looked like they just woke up from sleep. My stomach tightened at where my thought was going- were they sleeping together?

   "What do you want?" He asked with hostility.

    "I need to see my wife." I bit out each word with feigned calmness.

    "Oh so now she's wife is it?" He mocking me.

    "This is between me and Jennie, so i don't have to explain anything to you." I responded with the same calm attitude even though i could feel my control slipping.

   "Well, she doesn't want to see you." He said as he closed the door in my face. I stuck my foot in the doorframe right before he could close it completely, jamming it.

   "Jennie please." I called her, trying to keep the pleading out of my voice but she turned her head away as if she couldn't stand the sight of me.

JENNIE's P.0.V

       I couldn't look at him. I was happy that he had finally chased me down but it was only a small part of me. The bigger part was still seething resentment. I hated how he made me feel- angry, indignant, emotional, pitty, spiteful and jealous- all the things I never thought i would feel if i were with the one I love.