Chapter - TWENTY SIX

A/n: Hey guys, thanks for being such great supporters for real! Your love means a lot. Continue to comment, vote and follow me! Share this story with your friends <3 I hope all the mother's out there had a great Mother's day. S/o to all my commenters since...day 1! You the real mvp! And s/o to those ghost readers...just make sure if ya'll make an account to follow me! Anyways enjoy the read!

[Maya Pov]

It's been awhile since I heard from Andre. In these past couple of weeks I've been avoiding Devon still. I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that 1) I've been hugging and kissing on his brother  whom he never told me about, which I suppose is a good thing considering the fact that 2) If I did know Andre was his brother I probably would have stopped talking to him altogether, for reasons I'm not willing to admit just yet.

I look at the Calendar in the guest bedroom. I know right? Guest bedroom, when this was MY house too after all. But I just couldn't feel the same when Devon kissed me. I eyed the engagement ring that I placed on the dresser. I took it off the day Andre had left, and couldn't bring myself to put it back on considering the circumstances.

Josh had came to visit a couple of times but noticing the akwardness in the house he decided to stay away. Which is best for now. I miss the old times, but now my top priority is finding the guy who had me kidnapped in the first place.

I haven't talked in Mecca in lord knows how long. I eye the clock on the tinted night stand.

6:45 p.m.

I decided to chat her up for a bit. She seemed surprised to hear from me.

* * *

About two hours later, Mecca and I are dressed and ready to go. We decided that we both need to get out, and I ask her about her boyfriend. She gets all smiley and giggly, and tell me all types of funny/cute stories about the two of them. And just for a second a pang of jealousy swoops through me but I shrug it off, and place a fake smile nodding my head at just the right moments.

We decided to go to a restaurant nothing too fancy, just a neat little burger joint in Charlotte North Carolina.

"The food here is good." Mecca says once we settle down into the too small booths.

The waitress hands us our menus and tell us that she will be back with our waters, and we can then decide on what we want to drink. We thank her, and then I turn to Mecca.