Chapter - Twenty EIGHT

A/n: Hey guys! Remember this story will be ending soon! Only a few more chapters left. I hope you guys are enjoying your Summer. I am well busy into almost ending high school so..that's why updating has slowly dropped. Please note that I do have a life outside of Wattpad and try my best to update as much as possible. School comes first. But anyways enjoy the read and let's jump in (:

CHAPTER RECAP: So in the last chapter, (Chapter 27), Andre visits his Mother and spends some quality time with them. Maya calls Andre but Andre decides not answer's Maya's phone call for his own personal reasons.

[Maya Pov]

I tried calling Andre over and over again. But all he did was deny my phone call. Fine, let him be that way. I decided that I wasn't going to chase after him any longer. As much as I really wanted to... I know that I couldn't. Devon was always on my ass about Andre. He always made snide remarks with me having any type of affiliation with Andre. It was just  annoying.

On the upside though, Josh and I decided to spend more time together and catch up. Apparently Josh is seeing someone, but strangely enough every time I joke around and ask him who the girl is, he just shrinks away as if he's hiding something.

I wonder what that's all about? But I didn't question him further at the time. But I knew I should have. Josh's birthday is coming up and he will be twenty. Crazy how all this shit happens and my best friend is about to be a damn near man. Well he was already one, but an older man if you catch my drift.

Devon, Josh, Mecca and her boyfriend who is allegedly out of the hospital decided that we would all turn up for Josh's 20th birthday. We all decided we would go to some fucking laser tag shit and then go out to the Club tonight.

We were only staying in North Carolina for a few more weeks, until we all had to pack our bags and locate back to Chicago, so Devon can take care of some of his "buisseness." Josh and I were still wary of Devon's motives but we decided now is not the time to question him.

So that's what I'm doing now. Getting ready. Devon and I are on fine standards, but we don't talk much. I'm still not sure if we are even going to get married, but at this point I don't know if I want to get married to Devon or not. My life has been pretty confusing, and still the death of Trisha still weighs on me. Everyone thought that I didn't even care about Trisha dying...but I did. 

It was just hard to believe. I miss my best friend..I really do. Each and everyday, and I know Josh misses her a lot since he had a major crush on her. But he's been happier lately, but jumpy around me and Devon..for some strange reason.

I had just strapped on my cheetah print leggings with a simple black and gold crop top from Forever 21,  paired with some all black adidas slip ons with fuzzy white socks. My outfit was all over the place but I don't care anymore. I have more things to worry about than my appearance at this rate. My hair though, was pressed and clean and shoved into a ponytail while a hint of red lipstick tainted my lips. No other makeup was needed.