Sorry

Kendrick walked across the Estate grounds until he came to the barrier. It allowed him through as he stepped over the wall, the tiniest tingle on his skin signaling its presence. He truly didn't know where he was going, he just walked down one of the streets. The Birchwood Estate was nearly on the far edge of Marlayla and he walked until he arrived at that very edge. Slowly, heavily, he sat, legs dangling over the rough rocky edge of the floating city. His amber eyes were wet and looked vacant as he clenched at his pant legs.

His hearts couldn't even come up with a coherent feeling. Everything was tight inside him as if he was ready to explode or tear in half. He couldn't tell if he was angry, if he was devastated, or empty. Kendrick's emotions felt like a sack full of glassware that had been violently shaken and tossed, the shards sticking out everywhere.

"You were supposed to protect her and now look at what you've done! She hates you!" his hearts finally screamed at him.

"I WAS protecting her!"

"She told you that you were smothering her. She warned you!" his hearts shivered, "Now she doesn't even want to look at you. You're just a monster. You've ruined everything!"

Kendrick's jaw clenched so hard he felt like his teeth might shatter. Typically, his mind was the thing that harangued him about everything he did. No matter the reason his mind gave, his hearts would not listen. He didn't even feel the pain when his fist hit the rocky ground several times and blood filled the spaces between his knuckles. The pain in his chest was far worse.

...

Back in the Birchwood mansion...

Gelilah was exasperated and irate as she gestured to the broken window and cracked stairs, "Look at this mess! I told you, Aemond! Didn't I tell you that giant barbarian was no good for her?! Now look!"

Aemond sighed, not too pleased either but was already summoning his maintenance workers and cleaners to begin the repairs to the house.

"You told me." He agreed calmly.

"We're lucky he didn't smash the entire house and kill us all!" she ranted.

"Now, Gelilah. You know that's too far."

She gestured with barely contained outrage, "Oh, this is defensible to you?!"

Aemond stared at the mess, "Perhaps. Perhaps not. We don't know the story."

Gelilah closed her eyes and held up her hands near her waist as if containing her emotion, "Aemond...I want him gone by tonight!"

Aemond pursed his lips, but maintained a calm stance, "I will speak with him."

She shook her head and started for the ballroom where Twillow had fled.

Aemond threw a wing in her path, "Not now, my dear. Leave her be."

"She shouldn't be stressed at a time like this!" Gelilah protested.

"No. But she needs her space right now. You should understand that...she is your daughter after all."

Though loath to do so Gelilah knew her husband was right. When she was upset, she wanted to be left alone for a time. Twillow was no different. She could already see several objects near the ballroom spinning and quivering against Twillow's emotions. She needed to calm herself first.

...

A bit later inside the ballroom...

Marci had been in the middle of prepping for Kendrick's evening meal (which was a big job) when she heard the commotion outside in the entryway near the stairs and dining area. A horrible crash followed by Twillow shouting and Kendrick's rumbling rebuttal.