Chapter 1 - Curiosity

Dear, Diary.

It's a sunny day. Today was my last day of school for my 9th-grade year.
It was a great one. But I'm ready for 10th grade. As always, I walked home with my two best friends, Daniel & Michelle. Daniel brings up the horrifying story from 1964, and Daniel says that its anniversary is coming up, 50 years to be exact.
Michelle tells him to shut up. I told him as well but, I was curious about this whole story and whether it was true or not.
When I got home I didn't ask anyone about it, so I went to bed. I was up all night and eventually gave in and called Daniel to talk about it and got lost in a good conversation. I woke up at 8 PM and I barely got any sleep. While I was eating my bacon and eggs. I asked dad if he knew anything about 1964. I don't think he heard me cause he ignored me, so I didn't bother asking again. So I thought about asking my Sister. She's almost done with school. Maybe she learned it in school? Who knows.

I asked her, she immediately told me to screw off. She knows I hate cussing. So after that, I decided not to ask again. She was a great help. Anyways, I had to get ready for my summer job! I work at 12 so I better get ready! I don't have a ride and I have to walk there, so I need to get up early to make it on time. So I'll ask about it later.
Ugh, the first day at work, and I'm already exhausted. Probably shouldn't have stayed up so late. I did some normal fast food chores, like cleaning the bathroom, mopping the seating area, you know typical things. But eventually, I clocked out at 6 and walked home.

When I got home, my mom was in her recliner watching her shows, I seen my chance, and I asked my mom if she knew anything about 1964
She was born in 1978, so I'd think she knew about it. But, it's never that easy is it
and she told me, "One moment Darling, I'm watching my show," I decided to walk away.

I had today off, so I decided to walk to Michelle's house and ask her in person about 1964. Sadly, Before I got to her house my phone died. But, It's no problem. I'll just ask Michelle for a charger. We sat down and played some Mario Kart when I got there. It was super late and my phone was charging the whole time and my mom was not very happy. I missed many calls from her and I completely understand her frustration. I decided to stay the night so I wouldn't have to walk in the dark. I must've had a good time winning at Mario Kart because I completely forgot to ask the question. But, I probably can't ask today because, I had to wake up early today. 5 AM to be exact. I had to walk to my house, get ready, then walk to my job and be there in a matter of 2 Hours, I live 20 Minutes from my house and 15 minutes from work. Plus, I don't get off until 4 PM. So today will be A roller coaster.

Jeez, I've never been this stressed before. Sigh, I guess this is kinda life in a nutshell. Always being worked to the point of exhaustion. This time I finally got to ask the golden question to my dad. "1964?" I asked, and he said he hasn't heard about that date in years. He didn't wanna give too many details due to my age, but, apparently, a House blew up with a Bathroom only remaining, and in the bathroom was an animatronic, and it's been there for years. He says it's located somewhere in Canada. Yeah, I live in Florida. That's never happening.

Man, I've never been entitled to such a story. I must know more. I'll look up more tomorrow, sense tomorrow I will be free and have nothing to do at all. So I'll use that time to research the topic.
The next day, I woke up at 1 PM. I decided to sleep a little extra because I've been exhausted recently. But, today wasn't going to be typical. I had a lot of texts, from Michelle, that Daniel had Gotten into a car wreck and is in a coma.
I ran to the hospital which was an hour away. Just to see Daniel. It was hard seeing him like this. All beaten up and bloody. I couldn't watch and not cry, so I decided to excuse myself. Michelle also joined me. She couldn't handle this, she told me she has a crush on Daniel. Which is great. I never had a crush on Michelle. I'm glad to see that Daniel has a chance with love. But first, we're going to have to see if he survives this. I texted my mom all day, telling her that I might be spending the night at the hospital with Daniel and Michelle. I want to be next to Daniel's side if anything happens. So, the next day I called into work sick. Michelle had to go help her parents with something but, I will still be next to Daniel's side. Surprisingly and suddenly, Daniel snapped out of it. He was free, I can't describe the tears of joy that I let out for Daniel knowing he was free from the coma. He got discharged a few days after and I wanted to make sure he was okay, So I decided to stay with Daniel at his house. I was glad to have my friend back. And he was glad to have a normal life. I was also glad to ask about 1964. Once I asked about 1964, Daniel's face lit up, after I asked that question, I knew I was in for a ride. We spent all night talking about 1964. My brain was exhausted from all the learning. We both eventually fell asleep peacefully.

Daniel's been talking about a basketball game he'd like Michelle and I to attend, but I don't know if he could participate. He Has a sprang wrist, so who knows if he could play. He kept telling us he'll be fine and that he only sprang his Non-dominate hand. Plus, he insisted he had to play, it was the finals for our school state championship. So he had no choice but to play, he didn't want to disappoint his coach. Michelle And I were cheering him on! Sadly, every ball he shot, you could see the pain on his face every time his wrist came in contact with something even the slightest. But, In the end, 78 - 73. Daniel's team won The Finals! They Were County State Champions! Goodness, Today was rather short and Relaxing today. Just sitting in the bleachers watching my friend demolish the other team. But, Daniel Asked me a Question before I came home.

I woke up Today, Thinking about Daniel's Question. It Kept Me Up All Night. Which Shouldn't have because I have Work At 10 Today, So that's Great. Thankfully it was half a day. So I got off at 3. About the time I would get out of school so No Biggie. Surprisingly I was free for the rest of the day. I was feeling great, so I turned My PC on and played some Minecraft. No one bothered me for the rest of the day. I got off at 8:45 and Layed down in bed and before I fell asleep I thought about the question yet again. Do I know the real location?

I finally asked told Daniel the answer to the Question.
Where is the location of the Incident? "My dad says it's on Canada." I said, "Wrong." Daniel responded with. He says The Incident is located just 15 minutes away from here. I've lived in this Town For 3 Years And This monument has been near me this whole time!? I think that's why my dad said Canada, he must've not wanted me near it. Anyways, I asked if he's Been There before and he says he has. I asked one more question, Can we head there now? But, it never is that easy, is it? He says that he has some homework from his speech teacher. Which is totally unfair, why would a speech teacher assign summer homework!?

I had work again today. And after I got off work, I asked Michelle if she wanted to go to the 1964 Monument. She said she didn't want to go cause everyone knows that it's a myth and Daniel is just trying to get into my head. I wasn't gonna let her off that easily. So, I asked why there was a whole Internet forum For 1964, She immediately replied, "It's a hoax, Anyone will do anything to make you believe something on the internet." While I can agree with her on that, I cannot with this topic. I asked her a different question since she didn't want to go. "Where's Daniel? He's not answering my texts." Michelle looked at me Puzzled, "Weird, he hasn't been answering me either?" She said, "Maybe we should go and check up on him, last time I talked to him he said he was doing homework. Maybe he's just busy." I responded.