Chapter 6 - Trauma

I had an Unbearable Migraine all day at work and I just wished it would go away. After all this, I finally drove home and saw that the door was open ajar. I almost yelled into the house until I heard a voice, it sounded like Daniel so I held off but there was a second voice. It sounded almost Demonic, so I hid behind the couch and saw Daniel and a 7-foot tall figure talking to Daniel. It sounded like Daniel was talking as if he knew them. As the figure ends the conversation, turns around, and starts walking. As they kept walking I saw it. My heart stopped. It was animatronic but somebody was in it. Dead but, it seems that the soul is controlling it? Just before they left the floor creaked, giving away my position. I almost made a sprint for it but Daniel must've just presumed it was a mouse. I was so confused. Is that the Daniel I know? I need to get to the bottom of this. I texted Sarah and told her the situation and to meet me at The Frances Restaurant to talk. I then realized, where was the animatronic going? I looked outside the window, I saw Daniel look around for a couple of seconds, nod then opened some sort of portal. I couldn't see too well through the portal but it was fiery and red. It looked like hell. Right, when the portal closed and It was only Daniel I confronted Daniel asking what was all that? He asked how much I had seen. I said all of it. Daniel let out a Small, "Dang.". I asked what. What's wrong?

"Oh nothing, just, I still have 1 Month left"

"1 Month of what?" I asked

"To spend time with you obviously. But, It seems that our time together comes to a close a little earlier than expected."

"Daniel, what are you talking about, stop being silly."

"Oh yeah, by the way, I'm not Daniel, I never was, I am Disguised as your worst nightmare "

He takes off his flesh as if it was a disguise.

"I am actually Vox. A Disguised demon who looks like a human to kill the innocent because a loved one or someone wants to test their survival skills"

"But, that's imposs- wait, did you say, "test their survival skills?"

"Ah yes! I should probably elaborate. As I told you, I am not Daniel. But, I possess Daniel's soul because, in hell, you have two options. Option Number 1, you can suffer for eternity in hell with no escape, or Option Number 2. We send a Powerful Demon to earth to assassinate a loved one and if the loved one slays the Demon, For example, if you'd kill me, Daniel's soul would go to heaven and be resurrected and when you die eventually you will meet him there as well. Daniel chose the second option as you can probably guess. But, he's just an Ignorant idiot who only cares about himself. A scrawny pointless little human like you who believes any and all lies they hear. This will definitely be an easy kill for me."

Vox pulled out a gun of some sort and aimed it at my head. I was terrified, but remembered one thing Daniel gave me in the past that I never told anyone about.

"Wait! Can I go upstairs and grab something? I promised Daniel that I'd die with this. In honor of him."

I said nervously, only hoping that he buys the excuse.

"That's respectable, yeah go ahead, I'll wait."

As I went upstairs and grabbed the gun that Daniel gave me. Daniel promised me to only use this gun if my life depended on it. He found this gun whenever he lost his arm during the animatronic incident. I assume this gun can kill Demons cause the animatronic probably possessed the gun. It's my only shot. As I finally make it downstairs with the gun behind my back I stand face to face with vox

"Alright I'm ready. Am I allowed to say my final words?"

"Sure whatever." Vox says

"Should've killed me faster."

A pulled the gun from behind my back and aimed for his head and instantly blew its, stuff- out. It wasn't much of a brain.

As the demon fades away and the cops show up because of gunshots. Before I let the cops in I chugged a beer really quickly to make myself seem intoxicated and left the gun on the table to seem like I shot the gun while drunk. Make it seem accidental. The cops gave me a warning because of the Noise complaint and asked me to put the gun away. I did what they said and they left, no questions asked. If I knew it was that easy, I would be a rebel. I was still baffled, wondering what my next move would be. Suddenly a bright flash happened in my house and a bright figure looked right at me. Was it an angel sent down to Congratulate me on my deed? No, it was None of that, it was a human, Daniel to be precise. Daniel was weak and could barely stand so I went ahead and sat him down. He asked where he was, I responded by saying that he was finally home and in the best place he can be. Once Daniel finally realized where he was, he hugged me. Daniel said he's so tired of working in hell. He says he's been working for 8 decades.

Man, I guess time moves quicker in hell. I'm still baffled that Daniel is back, so I decided to call Lily and Sarah. I told them when they got here that, The Daniel we knew wasn't Daniel, it's a little complicated but, this Daniel right here is the real Daniel. Sarah had a look on her face, almost sad and happy at the same time. Sarah really wanted to get to know Daniel but now she'd have to start all over again if she wanted to. I'm surprised that they aren't weirded out by the fact that this Daniel just got ressurected, but I know Daniel and how he probably won't let Michelle go. So, I'm not gonna say much but, out of the blue when Daniel got settled, Daniel said that Michelle's alive, but technically dead, he said it was complicated and long story short, he's bringing Michelle back to life. We grabbed a flight back to California and ran to the 1964 sight and basically kicked down the door and went to the bathtub, weirdly enough, the animatronic was right there, dead corpse in the suit and everything. I asked Daniel how he knew that the animatronic was there. He responded with, "I can see everything from hell, I knew this would be here." Daniel, with no hesitation, put both arms, yes he finally had two arms again. He pressed two buttons on the jaw, the arms, and the legs of the animatronic, and boom, the suit opened up revealing Michelle's dead corpse. Now, Daniel told us to leave because he'll get sent to hell again if low-life humans see a resurrection.

We all ran outside to wait. A couple of minutes later, Daniel walks out with Michelle. Now, Michelle looked in better shape than Daniel but she was also in hell with Daniel? At least she understood what they've gone through together. "We can't tell anybody about anything we've all seen today." said Daniel. It'll be against hell's code. Don't tell your friends, co-workers, or ANYBODY. "Daniel! I understand, we won't tell anyone." Thank you, Zack. I missed you so much. I'm so glad I have two arms now. I can finally do so many things with Michelle. "Woah there Daniel, let us not get too carried away! Haha, I'll pipe it down." I said.

"Either way, Michelle and I have spent a lot of time together. We really got to know one another. But, now the responsibilities of life are back, instead of being at work 24/7 we can finally get some rest. Hey Zackery, did you know that Michelle and K haven't slept for 8 decades, well, just a few years in your world. But, you get it! I'm going to be asleep for a while, haha!" Daniel said, "Well what now?" I asked. "Well, Michelle and I have been watching from down below and I see I have already crashed at your place with a job. So, I can just go to that job and act like I'm still that Daniel they saw and maybe Michelle crashed there as well and we try to get a place together? It looks like that Vox guy actually saved a lot of money for an apartment, I just need a better way to keep paying the rent, if anything me and Michelle should be outta your hair in a matter of weeks!" Wow, Daniel, You're still responsible even after hell! I said, He laughed at me and said he knows a couple of things about the system sense he can see from every angle now. "Well, I guess we all should get back to Colorado, plane tickets are gonna be expensive since there's an extra." I said, they all laughed as we rode in an Uber to the airport.