Chapter 8 - The Birthday Boy

Daniel said to look out for some stuff in a couple of weeks, he remembers that he forgot to finish the sentence from last week about the big announcement. He decided that he would just show me instead of telling me. I told him that I'd be looking forward to it in the future.

I didn't go to work today but Daniel, Lily, and Michelle did, so I just sat at home doing nothing. And by nothing, I mean watching TV, YouTube, or eating food. Yes, I know, very mature of an almost 25-year-old, speaking of 25. It's May 25th and my birthday is June 1st, just a week away! I hope everyone remembers and I don't have a depressing one like the past 6 years.
Uhm, anyways. I just want a happy birthday. That'd be nice. But, after drowning in my despair at home all day. Lily got home, then Daniel, and Michelle showed up 10 minutes afterward. It was pretty convenient that they showed up too because we were about to watch this new movie that finally came out just yesterday.
We finished the movie and surprisingly, nobody fell asleep, maybe it was good? Lily pointed out that I like to use the word, anyways, a lot. Anyways, I don't know what she's talking about. I told her, I do not use it too much, and I think we all should head to bed. It's quite late.

For some reason, Lily was waking me up, shaking me very softly, just trying to get me to wake up. I told her it was 4 AM and we still have 2, maybe 3 hours left of sleep, before work. Lily proceeded to say "Awe man, does my birthday boy not want to have fun before work?" - "You suck," I said Smirking. "Someone's ready." She responded.

We went to bed and woke up at 8:30, we were tired for our reasons. I went downstairs after showering, getting dressed, brushing my teeth, you know, the usual. I was making a cup of coffee and Daniel came around the corner from the bathroom on the first floor and said good morning and proceeded to say, "You know, I had the weirdest dream."  "Yeah?" I said, "Yeah, like I was in a race car, racing, obviously, and  I was winning, and in my dream, it's like I heard gunshots or something, they were like, a few seconds apart, but it was just kinda weird. Gunshots and Race cars? I mean I'm really happy it wasn't one of my nightmares from, well, you know what. Just found it bizarre, Gunshots and Cars. Anyways, Zackery, I got to get to work and make some money for a special occasion, you have a good day! Oh! And also, happy birthday. Didn't think I'd remember would I? Think again Zackery, think again…" well. A lot to unpack here, but oh well! As he headed out the door I said, "thank you!" For the Happy birthday. Michelle ran out of the bathroom door trying to put her shoes on. "Good morning, running late?" She responded with "Yes, birthday idiot, I'd say I'm running late." She grinned and went out the door.

This morning has been quite successful I'd say. Anyways, I have to get to work, and Lily is gonna stay home because she's running a 101° Fahrenheit body temperature, hopefully, no fever. But, we'll have to see when I get home. I got to work a little later than usual. But, the boss was very sympathetic because he knew it was my birthday! And at my job, birthdays are handled quite Differently than other jobs would. For one, you get off work 3 hours early but are still paid the same amount if you actually worked the 3 hours. If you make any mistakes on the day of your birthday, they are overlooked, because in my boss's eyes, who actually wants to be working at their job on their birthday? Exactly, nobody, this is why he has all these birthday rules in place. Because he wouldn't want to be working on his birthday, so why should we? My boss at my job is great, the best boss, 100%. Anyways, instead of getting off work at 5 PM Today, I got off and went home at 2 PM! So many, happy birthdays, and even money, yeah it's only $20's, but hey, it's the thought that counts. I started driving home, listening to my favorite music, rap, pulled into the driveway, and opened the door to Daniel and Michelle standing under a Happy birthday sign and next to some beer. Whilst Lily jumped from the bushes to the side of me, scaring the crap out of me, saying, "Happy Birthday baby!" I responded with, "Thanks darling, but after that Jumpscare, Daniel, Throw me a beer." I closed the door behind me and we all just sat at the dinner table and talked for hours. Just childhood memories, mostly Daniel, Michelle, and I, because I actually met Lily here in Colorado. So, sometimes, Lily and I sometimes said some memories of us together over the 3 almost 4 years.