Dinner and a Soak

After breakfast, Kagami-kun and I washed the dishes together. "Ugh! It's so hot!" He complained lifting his shirt up off his stomach.
"Yes it is," I agreed, wiping my forehead with the back of my hand.
"Let's go to the beach, cool off."
"O-okay." I went to my room, collecting my bathing suit and towel. He followed me and I tilted my head at him. "Don't you need your bathing suit too?"
"Nah, I can just go in these. Do you have an extra towel?"
"Yes."
"Thanks! Come on!" He pulled me by the hand toward the door.
"Tetsuya, where are you going?" My father asked, walking to the table to sit with my mother.
"We're going to the beach to cool down."
"Have fun, son."
"Thank you!" The two of us walked toward the beach, passing by an ice cream stand.
"Kuroko, do you want some?" He gestured toward it.
"Are you sure? I don't want to spend your money..."
He ruffled my hair and shook his head. "Don't worry about it! C'mon, it's too hot to refuse icecream!"
I smiled. "Thank you." He bought himself a chocolate icecream and me a vanilla and we ate them while we walked past the park. I furrowed my eyebrows and chuckled.
"What?" He looked at me.
"You bite your icecream?"
"Uh, yeah? What's wrong with that?"
"It's just... unusual." I said while licking mine.
He shrugged. "Maybe it's an American thing."
"Maybe." We arrived at the beach and I stretched my arms out by my sides as I felt the ocean breeze.
He laughed. "You're so frickin' cute." I smiled as he fluffed my hair. Then, he laid out his towel and I did the same. "Let's go!"
I followed him into the water slowly and watched him run in and then start swimming. He swam over to me and pulled me under. I laughed, cuddling into his chest.
"Hi." I breathed, my face inches from his.
"Hey." He grinned. "Come on, it's too hot to just wade in like that. I had to pull you in, for your own sake." Then he got close to my ear and whispered. "Plus it's fun."
I felt my face and ears burn red despite the cold water. "Thank you."
"Anytime!" He laid down on his back in the water, leisurely floating backward. "Do you like swimming? I kinda thought you'd be that guy who sat under an umbrella and read on the beach."
I smiled. "Well, usually. But I agree that it's too hot to sit on the beach today. Besides I... want to be with you." I met his eyes and he grinned again, swimming over and wrapping me into a hug.
"Me too, good choice." He kissed my cheek. "Wanna go for a ride?"
"Ride?" I blinked, tilting my head.
"I'll show you, get behind me and wrap your arms around my neck." He laid out flat in the water.
"O-Okay." I laid my body on him, wrapping my arms around his neck. He started swimming around, bringing me along with him on his back. I laughed. I hadn't done this since I was a little kid but somehow it didn't make me feel like a child either. Was this what couples did when they sent to the beach together? My head filled with summer possibilities and they made me excited for the future.
"You okay? You're awful quiet up there." He looked over his shoulder at me.
"Yes, I'm very happy."
He nodded. "Good!" He kept swimming for a while before standing back up, I let go of his neck and he turned to face me. "Want to try something else?" I nodded, curious to see what it would be. He stood behind me. "Lay back." I laid back in the water, floating on my back. He held my shoulders and slowly steered me around the water. I looked up into his eyes with a smile, feeling the water tickle my scalp. This was so relaxing, I wanted this moment to last forever. I closed my eyes, focusing on the calming sound of the water in my ears.
Before I knew it the sun was setting. "Wow, it got late. Let's get dinner!" Kagami smiled.
I nodded as we walked to our towels and dried off. He ruffled my hair with his towel and I laughed. "Thanks."
"I just love ruffling your hair. What do you want for dinner?"
"Hmm... rice and sushi?"
He grinned again. "You eat so light I wonder how you play basketball." I shrugged with a smile. "C'mon, you can help me cut the ingredients!"
I followed him back to his house where he pulled out seaweed wrappers, raw salmon, and cream cheese. He started soaking the rice before saying "Could you cut the salmon into small strips?"
"Sure." I started cutting the salmon while he got out various other seafood and vegetables including ebi, ika and unagi. He laid them out on the counter and pulled out another cutting board. "While the rice soaks we'll cut up this stuff. I'll cut the vegetables and you can cut the seafood." I nodded and continued cutting the various seafoods. Before we knew it the rice was ready to cook and all the ingredients were cut. After the rice was done, Kagami-kun rolled them into sushi rolls and placed them on a large platter. He also put plain rice in bowls for us and carried all of the food to the table.
"This looks delicious", I smiled. He grinned and we both put our hands together. "Thanks for the food." We said together before beginning to eat. I put three sushi rolls onto my plate and he stacked his with 12. I giggled and began eating my food.