Why Are You Staring At Me Like That

They continued to stare at me and I fiddled with my pant leg. "A-Ano...... Can you please tell me why you're staring..." I asked while trying not to let my nervousness on my face.
His father's eyes widened and he turned to Kagami-kun and asked him something I couldn't understand. "He doesn't know?" Kagami-kun shook his head in a very upset and uptight looking way. I don't like this.
His father nodded. "Does he like you? Is he even gay?" His father asked. Kagami-kun shook his head side-to-side roughly before holding it in some kind of rage.
"I don't know! I DON'T KNOW!" He yelled loudly while pulling on his red hair. I came to his side quickly.
"Kagami-kun! Are you alright?" I asked him in a panic while standing on my tiptoes. I tried to take his hands from his hair. I rubbed his back with my palm in gentle circles in efforts to calm him.
He smiled at me brokenly. "Y-Yeah..." He wiped some tears from his eyes.
I furrowed my brows. "I'm... Sorry.... Kagami-kun.... I... Can't believe you..." I hugged him tightly. "Please.... Tell me.... What's wrong..." I begged him softly.
"I... I... Can't.... I...." More tears came as he spoke and I became further worried. But although I wished not to hurt him... I needed to know what was wrong. He... Is my most precious person... I... Need to help him. I want to be his crying shoulder... Even if I want to be more. This is okay. As long as I can follow him like a shadow throughout this life; I'll be happy.
"Why? Why.... I... I can't.... I'll-I'll lose you too and I'd never be able to bear that." He replied grimly. I smiled at him and shook my head.
"You could never lose me; I promise." I told him. He clenched his fists and laughed menacingly.
"F-Fine... If you promise..." He then hugged me closer.
Then he whispered.

"I-I... Love you..."