Ten

“Joey, Lee Young, this is Isley Makena, she’ll be your intern for the next six months,” the HR assistant told us, “Joey, we know you asked for more help and we apologize for the delay,”

“An Intern?” Lee Young asked. I could clearly read his face. A third party in the office meant we had to behave, no more impromptu hand-jobs or blowjobs.

“I asked for one long before you came,” I had asked HR to at least get me an intern if they weren’t going to hire anyone else in IT. They decided to grant my request when things were going well for me. I had to explain it in detail to Lee because he was still mad at me as I drove him home. “Should I tell them we don’t need one?”

“And what would be your reason?”

“It’ll be an inconvenience to me and my colleague as we use our free time to engage in sexual activities,”

“Can you be serious?”

“Okay, seriously speaking, you know there’s nothing I can do about it for now,”

“I know,” he was sulking, “But having someone else in the office with us means I can’t spend time alone with you,”

“Tell me what to do to make it up to you,”

“It’s not your fault,”

“But I still want to make it up to you,”

“If you insist, since we can’t do anything at the office, how about we move things after work?”

“Between work and traffic , we’ll both be too tired to get anything done,”

“I’m not talking everyday and I’m also talking about a sleepover,”

“A sleepover won’t be possible during the weekday, mom will get suspicious,”

“Joey, your mom is just happy to see you putting yourself out there,”

“Did she tell you that?”

“Yes she did. She asked me if I knew who you were going out with and I told her that it wasn’t my place to tell her. She then said that it didn’t matter who it was, she was just happy to see you putting yourself out there again,”

“She really said that?”

“Should we call her and ask?” he knew better than to suggest that, he took my hand in his, “How about we go up for something to eat and I’ll tell you about it,”

“I know what you are trying to do,” I said pulling my hand away.

“Come on, Joey, we’ve been spending almost all our weekends together, don’t you think it’s time we moved on to the next level?” I didn’t think words could scare me as much as those ones did, luckily it was dark and Lee couldn’t see my reaction. My phone rang and I quickly answered it when I saw the caller ID.

“Baby boy, how far away from home are you?”

“I just dropped off Lee, why?”

“Leila has a package for me that I’d like you to pick up,”

“Are you talking about Mrs Ali?”

“Yes, that’s her,”

“Okay, I’m on my way,” I said and hang up. “Sorry Lee, maybe next time,”

“You could have told her that you had other plans if you wanted to join me but because you didn’t want to in the first place…anyway, thanks for the ride and good night,” he said and got out of the car before I could respond.

Was he falling for me? Was that why he wanted more? I thought as I watched him walk inside his building.  I couldn’t just assume that based on one conversation so I pushed it aside and drove off.