Twenty three

“Hey Joey,”

“George, what are you doing here?”

“I’m in town for a few days and I wanted us to hang out. It’s been what? A little over a year since we did?”

“Give or take. How’s the seaside and how’s your ‘roommate’?”

“The seaside is okay. You should come visit us soon and my boyfriend is doing well, thank you for asking,”

“and you’re parents?”

“Okay. I just came from their place. Mom’s asking for grandkids,”

“And? What’s so wrong about that?”

“I don’t think Reggie wants kids and I can’t get some random woman pregnant just to make my mom happy,”

“You don’t have to. She has the right to ask for grandkids but it’s your choice to want to be a dad or not. You have siblings so she can get grandkids from them. Don’t let it affect your relationship,”

“Speaking of relationship…”

“No, I’m still not dating and I don’t want to,”

“It’s been over a year since your ex left. Shouldn’t you move on,”

“I did move on,”

“When’s the last time you had sex?”

“I don’t know what my sex life has to do with it but a few weeks I guess,”

“Mediocre sex doesn’t count,”

“Fuck you,”

“You can’t, we’re cousins,”

“That’s just wrong,”

“Let’s go out tonight. Reggie and I will pick you up at eight,”

“I’ll think about it,” I only said it to get rid of him but I had no intention of going. However, after dinner, I realized I was holding myself back and for what?

“Aren’t you going to say hi to my mom?” I asked as I got in their car.

“We already did,”

“When?”

“Before I came to your office,” It smelt like a conspiracy but I didn’t want to ruin a potentially good night.

Reggie took us to a gay bar that looked more like someone's house. It was in a posh looking area and the music was rather mellow and the patrons were talking and laughing so freely. I had no idea such a place existed and I was sure ninety nine point nine percent of the city’s residents didn’t know about it too.

I was ready to drink the night away and hopefully find a fuck-buddy.

_____

“Good morning handsome,”

“Good morning to you too,”

“I’m glad you didn’t give me the wrong number,”

“Why would I when I had a great time last night?”

“I did too, so much that I would like to do it again,”

“Okay, when?”

“Are you serious?”

“I’m serious,”

“You come across like the type that needs a little more persuasion before giving in. You’ve got the curious straight guy vibe,”

“I’m grown and know what I want. Where would you like us to meet?”

“How about I pick you up from work?”