Empress to the Rescue

Next day, hearing what happened at the mines, Garuda visits the place and threatens them to behave. After it is done, he stood there speaking with Vanaram when all of a sudden a fleet of cars along with a couple of vans arrive. 

Everyone turned to see what's happening. Around 20 people alighted from the vehicles and stood forming a protection detail scanning everywhere for a threat. Rocky is alert all of a sudden thinking of various scenarios but quite shockingly none of Garuda's guards have moved from their lax positions which in itself is quite confusing but adding to this, there Rocky can see a small smile forming on Garuda's & Vanaram's faces. He can see their eyes softening a little bit as they move closer to the car in the center. A man around 40-50 years of age alighted the vehicle and greeted Garuda with a bow and Vanaram with a nod. Then he opens one of the closed doors and extended his hand to help whoever is in the backseat. 

Out came the most beautiful woman Rocky has ever laid his eyes on in his entire life. She is dressed in an elegant dress with minimal make up but still turn heads wherever she went with her subtle confidence and grace. Rocky can hear the guards greeting her as the Empress. She acknowledged them before moving to stand in front of Garuda, only to greet him with a hug while greeting Vanaram with a smile at the same time. This brought Rocky out of his trance and his fist curled unconsciously at the gesture. Once they broke the hug, Garuda started speaking with her.

Garuda : I thought you are coming by evening's flight. I was about to leave here to come pick you up from air port.

Regina : I just thought of surprising you. And here I am. So, how is my surprise?

Garuda : You and your antics (shaking his head).

Regina just smiles and turns to Vanaram and speaks with him for some time. Garuda asks her something to which she smiles broadly and replied

Regina : Well, you are looking at the youngest post graduate in the world. Bow before me you lesser mortals.

Garuda : (just smiles & asks) Congratulations. Dad will be very proud of you hearing this.

Regina : Well what are we waiting for? let's go. Heard Virat came back. Can't wait to rub it in his brooding face. 

She starts walking away dragging Garuda with her but stops all of a sudden and turn to Vanaram & guards. 

Regina : Hey, forgot to mention. Ask the cook not to prepare anything today. Today is my treat both Lunch & Dinner. I already brought the lunch with me, please distribute among them. My guys will help you as well (gesturing to her guards, then turns to people and say) 

And I'll come and have dinner with you guys. Don't bother cooking, I'll bring something special.

(While speaking to them, she's feeling bad to see all of them looking at her with terror in their eyes with their heads bowed down. But among them , she noticed a guy who seems to be about 3 or 4 years older than her. He's handsome for sure with a nice body. But that's not what made her notice him, it is the fact that while all of the people here have their heads bow down on their own accord, like it is natural, here is a guy who held his head high and looking her in the face. It is not that he's not trying to seem normal, he's trying but it seems that is not in his nature. Even his stance is screaming Predator. She thought "Interesting".)

Garuda interrupted her saying.

Garuda : What's the need for all this? You just came today and already started tiring yourself. Leave it you already brought Lunch. That's enough.

Regina : It's not trouble at all. Anyways I'm not going cook or something right? It is just chefs are preparing the food and I just need to relax and get ready to come & eat. Don't worry. Chalo let's go. 

(She turns to Vanaram & guards and says to distribute the food once again and starts to leave. Vanaram turns to Garuda asking what to do and Garuda just nods his head to do as told by her and starts leaving with her, Before leaving she has an eye contact with Vishnu Vardhan as if communicating something to which he nods in acceptance).

Regina : By the way where's my present? (She asks Garuda as they were leaving). Also I need to speak to you about the project we discussed earlier, I already have people working on it.

People who were starving from the last 48 hours heard this conversation but still are scared to even hope that this is real and they'll be given food. So, when the food is unloaded and they were asked to come and take their food, no one step forward. Vishnu Vardhan is feeling sick looking at this. 

After waiting for a while, he thought to leave the food there and starts to go back just when the kids move to stand in front of them. He just smiles & gave them the food that is packed in neat trays. Seeing this others as well came forward to accept their food.

It is a simple traditional meals to soothe and not overwhelm their starved stomachs. A drink was especially served for this purpose. But they relished it very much as this is something some have never eaten in their lives as they are born and have been serving here since then, some forgot the existence of. It was quite fulfilling. Looking at the drink, Rocky got suspicious. He decides to keep a close watch on Regina. He had seen her checking him out earlier and to be frank, he's feeling quite smug about himself.

Rocky to himself : Eh! Don't jump into all these complications Rocky. Do your work and get out of here.