Chapter 14: BETRAYAL

Silence enveloped the entire room. No one dared to speak. My mind was still clouded. Seems like there's a chaos inside that the other side of me doesn't want to believe what she just said while the other one was on its verge of breakdown.

The revelations was just incredibly unbelievable and it's driving me insane.

"That was part of the plan... to feed you with lies," she repeated.

I pushed myself to speak. "Bakit mo kami hinostage? May mahihithit ka ba sa amin?"

But instead of answering me, she walked towards the two men's direction. Jarred and Tristan.

"Kita mo ang dalawang lalaking ito? Look at their faces intently... they're the one who killed Miguel's twin brother," she laughed.

"Or should I say, Riguel?" A mocking smile emerge from her lips.

I stared at her, confused. What does she mean?

"You're asking me why I hostage you right? Simply because, I wanted to know if my instinct was right. That the Miguel who's with you right now was the real Miguel... but I guess I was right."

"What the fuck do you mean?!" nagpupuyos sa galit kong tanong. Gusto kong sabunutan ang kanyang buhok. Hindi ko na talaga matantiya ang babaeng ito.

"The one who died 17 years ago wasn't Riguel, it was Miguel," walang ka emo-emosyong saad nito. "And that fucking moron whose alive and kicking was the fucktard Riguel. Do you understand? That moron isn't Miguel! It's Riguel!"

My jaw suddenly dropped. No! She's lying. I bet she's lying. This bitch is fucking lying!

"Do you think I would fucking lie about Riguel? Fuck! Have you forgotten how much Miguel loves you to the point that he has to sacrifice everything especially his family just to be with you? Do you fucking forgot how he was so sure to run away with you when he figured out that his family was planning his marriage with Alexandra's family?" Mhaye bursted out. Her eyes were bloodshot.

"Have you fucking forgot how he forgave you after knowing that you attempted to kill his son in your womb 16 years ago?"

H-how? How could this bitch know that secret?!

"Have you forgotten how he hide his son from you, telling that it died right after you gave birth because the baby was premature and you're not ready yet to be a mother?"

Napatitig ako kay Mhaye. What? What is she talking about?Mhaye smiled at me. 

"Yes, your son is alive. Before Miguel died, he asked Riguel to take good care of his son... of your son."

"Gaano ba kalaki ang kasalanan ko para paglaruan mo ako nang ganito?" I asked Mhaye. I don't have time for her bullshits. 

"I am not lying. And these men," she stopped and tapped Jarred and Tristan's shoulders. "Sila ang may alam kung ano ang sinabi ni Miguel n'ong gabing iyon."

"W-where's my son?" I managed to asked her despite of all the negativity my mind was telling me about it.

I saw how the side of her lips rose and then suddenly she laughed hard like she just heard something funny. Her laughters filled the room and the more she surpress a laugh, the more it sounds demonic into my ear.

"You must have to be kidding me. Didn't you notice how Cree's attitude was the same as yours?"

"Cree's my son?" hindi makapaniwalang tanong ko. What the fuck is going on? How the fuck did my life turns out to be a mess?

"I don't know if you're playing dumb or you're just really dumb. Either way, I don't give a fuck."

 "H-how did you know all of this? Especially Miguel's identity?" I asked.