Chapter 9

"Please, Mirajane. This has already gone too far," Gajeel, whose body now encased Levy, pleaded, "just reverse the spell."

"Weren't you listening when your boyfriend read the remedy," Laxus responded, "I can't reverse the spell. Only you guys can do that."

"You mean you're serious?" Lucy looked dumbfounded, "we have to..."

"Kids these days....Is it really that hard? Just tell each other that you like each other!" Macao piped up at them.

For once they all remained, but were blushing furiously.

"I've got an idea," Laxus burst out, in a high pitched voice.

"Oh dear," Elfman rolled his eyes, flapping his green fan angrily in his fan.

"Don't get fresh," Laxus snapped, "anyway, my plan-"

"Are we going to regret this?" Gajeel rolled his eyes.

"I'm wondering the same thing." Levy nodded in agreement.

Laxus growled. Mirajane put a hand on her shoulder.

"Please guys, just let Mira talk," Mirajane barked.

"Thank you Laxus," Laxus said, "as I was saying, before I was so rudely interrupted, my plan; you guys are just too dense and embarrassed to admit your feelings, so we need to set the mood. I'm going to create the perfect date for each of you." Laxus clapped his hands together excitedly, the rest of the assembly groaned in protest.

"This is just the push you guys need," Laxus smiled, "I'll plan everything, all you guys have to do is show up and let all of your feelings roam free."

"But that-"

"Nope, no buts!" he ordered, "trust me guys, it will all work out."

They all stayed silent.

"Hey!" A man's voice shouted from upstairs, "don't misuse the situation to take advantage of my privates!"

"Come on!" A girl's voice shouted, "ouch!"

Gildarts came marching down the stairs dragging Laki by the ear behind him.

"What the-what happened to you two?"

"I have no idea," Gildarts huffed, his jaw set, "but somehow this pervert and I switched bodies," Gildarts answered at the foot of the stairs, releasing Laki, "and now he's using the opportunity to feel me up."

"You guys switched too!" Their jaws dropped to the floor.

"Dad!" Cana flared.

"What's going on?" Laki asked, confused.

Laxus smiled brightly and giggled, "I didn't think it would affect you guys, but, wow, just... wow."

"This could take some explaining," Mirajane said, "you better sit down."

.......................

"How did I fall in love with this perv?" Gildarts massaged his temples, exasperatedly.

"So I guess I don't have to keep shooting," Laki smirked "I've already scored."

"Oh whatever," Gildarts sighed, "I know what direction this is going, and I want my body back, so..."

Hesitantly, he cupped Laki's cheeks in his hands and pulled her in. Their lips touched, gently.

Laki's eyes widened with surprise at first, but she soon complied, kissing Gildarts back, with more fierceness.

Laxus smiled from ear to ear, everyone else gasped in utter shock.

They watched for several moments as they continued, Laki wrapping her arms around Gildart's neck and he moving his hands to her waist, pulling her closer against him.

"It worked," Laki whispered quietly as she pulled back, breathing heavily.

"Yeah," Gildarts heaved.

"Let's get out of here." Laki smiled.

"Love to," Gildarts grinned.

Laki giggled as he swung her off the ground into his arms.

"Bye everyone!" Laki waved to them as Gildarts carried her out the guild.

"That was fast." Laxus remarked once they'd left, "just shows you what a miracle worker I am."

"You're delusional," Juvia shook her head in disapproval,

Laxus tilted his head,  his expression darkening, "Delusional or not, you all will listen to me and you all will let me work my matchmaking magic, and you will be happy!"

She shook her head and returned to her original state, a sweet smile on her face.

"So we're all agreed then?" She looked to everyone hopefully, "you'll let me set up your dates?"

They all nodded, reluctantly.

"Wonderful!" he clapped his hands together.