9

The morning came all too quickly. The pair hadn't moved, even though they were both wide awake now. They just laid in each other's arms, enjoying the company of the other. Stella was still feeling the effects from yesterday and Johnny's head was railing. The past couple of days had been a lot for them. It would be a lot for anyone.

Eventually, Johnny spoke up, "How you feeling?"

"Drained." Stella mutters.

"Can't say I blame you."

They lay there for a couple more moments, before Stella decides to get a shower. Allowing Johnny to get up and dressed to check on Charlie.

I take a long shower, trying not to think about the last 24 hours, but failing. I'm not mad at Mike, he truly thought that something happened to Johnny. I can't blame him for reaching out because he was upset and frantic. I don't want to be mad at Briggs for not telling Mike about the bomb in the first place. Everything is just very hectic here in the house at the moment.

I get out of the shower, feeling better than I did. I brushed my teeth and took some pain relief for my head before sneaking over to my room to get dressed.

I come out and Johnny is waiting out in the hallway, "You good?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I nod.

"Let's go down." he says, rushing down the stairs. I shake my head before following down after him.

"Yo, everybody, Jakes is playing with dolls again." Johnny shouts. I look past him to see Jakes with a toy in his hands.

"Charlie just left. No one else is here." he smirks.

"Then your dirty secret's safe, son. Yo, what's this do?"

Jakes hands him the toy, "You push the button on the back..."

Johnny turns the toy around, pushing the button so a compartment opens up.

"And he's a drug mule."

"Wow." I say.

"Dude, shut up." Johnny says.

"We seized a whole crate of these bad boys, filled to the brim with prescription pills."

"I liked it better when they had the Kung Fu grip." Johnny looks over the toy, "Yo, this safe to give to my cousin?"

"Yeah, the drugs were vacuum packed."

"Are you really that cheap, Johnny?" I ask.

"The drugs ain't in there anymore, right?"

"You're cheap." Jakes agrees with me.

"How is that cheap?"

"Yo!" Briggs calls out as he and Mike return.

"Yo. Kid's playing with toys again." Johnny says.

"Oh, without me? I'm crushed."

"Where you guys been?" Jakes asks.

"Driving Bello around all night. Briggs had the pleasure of running surveillance while we talked about Rio Bravo for eight hours." Mike answers.

"You guys know that cowboys like to spontaneously break into song? Trust me, now I do. This kid here, though? Does a mean Dean Martin." Briggs says, walking into the kitchen.

"Thanks." Mike says.

"We'll have to hear it sometime." I say, following Briggs to get something to drink.