25

When Johnny left to get his belongings from the Solano estate Jakes finally heard from Stella and promised he wouldn't share what Stella told him, only that he knew she was safe and back in the states. Johnny had gotten over his anger and instantly wanted to search for the lost agent when he reunited with Jakes.

"She's back in the states, man." Jakes shrugs.

"What're you talkin' about, man?"

"I heard from her, she's fine."

"How the hell is she fine when you don't know where she's at?" Johnny yells.

"Calm down, Johnny. She's upset, let her be upset."

Johnny sighs and continues driving the two of them home.

Mike was extremely disappointed that Paige and Briggs went behind his back, which led to Sulla's death and now Mike has no connection to the Solano cartel. He had spent so much time in that horrid abandoned building with nothing to show for it now.

Briggs had received a phone call from an unknown number, Briggs answered it only to hear the video recording of him killing a fellow FBI agent who pretended to be Jangles. Causing Briggs to instantly become stressed and wonder who has the recording that could ruin his life.

When Johnny and Jakes finally returned home, both beyond exhaustion, Jakes smelled the amazing sensation of the sauce brewing in the kitchen. They both took a deep inhale and walked into the room to see Charlie with her head on the counter. Being the badass she is she heard the pair coming and instantly threatened them if they tried to touch the sauce. The rules are simple, don't touch and don't be late.

Johnny begs her to tell the story again and she agrees, Jakes tells them he wants to change first before rushing upstairs. Johnny turns to the woman trying to convince her to start the story without Jakes. Charlie changes the subject and asks the burning question, "What's going on with you and Stella?"

Johnny looks confused.

"She called me and told me she had to get away for a few days and that she was fine. She didn't give any details so spill." she explains.

Part of Johnny was relieved, if Stella didn't give any details then it meant that she was keeping the secret that he had been trying to keep for weeks.

"We just got into a fight." he shrugs, taking a seat on one of the many stools.

"You two have been fighting a lot lately, no?"

"Yeah, we'll work it out. Always do."

"You don't normally fight. You didn't a few weeks ago until–"

"Mike came back." Johnny finished.

"I want you two to work it out, Johnny." she admits.

"She's gotta come home first. Any idea where she went?"

"Nope. You're just going to have to wait until she returns. I did tell her about sauce night to try and bribe her."

Jakes came down a few moments later for the story before the two tired agents went upstairs to crash. The next morning him and Briggs went for a walk to talk about the tape. He's convinced that Sid has the tape and knows he's part of the bureau. He is determined to let this recording ruin his life. He was trying to be happy with Charlie and he wants to be a father. He wants to be there for her. Out of desperation he goes to Sid's house, gun tucked in the back of his jeans as he's ready to put an end to this once and for all. Sid answers the door, greeting Paul and acting like nothing is wrong, which causes Briggs to become confused. Sid invites him inside and asks if he wants coffee and leads the undercover agent outside before bringing him a mug and rants about the neighbor's tree that causes leaves to fall into the pool. Briggs decides to be blunt and ask Sid why he wanted to talk. Sid comes over and takes a seat next to him and starts telling him the tale of how he became crooked. Carlos Solano was running a small crew 20 years ago, when Sid first became a detective. Sid had busted the cartel on narcotics and he was sentenced to 10 years. Something about Solano intrigued Sid and when the cartel leader asked to meet Sid, he agreed. Solano gave him a brochure of the prison equestrian program. The two make a deal that if Solano gives names then he can be in the program. Sid is loving that he is showing off in his work by making huge takedowns. When Solano gets out the arrangement continues, but when Solano kills someone and is brought in, the deal changes. And Sid starts being bought off by the cartel.