CHAPTER XV

REV’S POV

I don’t know how or what to feel when seeing the body of the woman you dearly love gradually collapsing. My reflexes became so fast that I didn’t even realize that I caught her on time. Fear and apprehension, those are just some of the things I feel at these times as the unconscious body and pale face of the woman I love so much are lifted up.

"Give way, damn it" I angrily whispered to the patients and nurses standing in the hallway of the hospital. After arriving at the operating room, I immediately place Amora on the bed and talked to the well -known specialist doctor I called earlier before we got here.

“D – doc please, save my Amora” All my life I have never asked and begged anyone else, only Amora, but for her, for my love, I will do it with all my heart just to make sure she'll get the best treatment for her sickness.
I didn't realize that I had been released from the OR while Amora was still being examined. I suddenly remembered what happened earlier. I couldn’t stop the anger pouring out of my body after glancing not far away at the woman’s volume which is why the woman I love is in the operating room now.

"Does Redeus know that you're just using him to pay off your mother's growing gambling debt?"

“Yes, of course, I know this. Remember when my mom asked Amora if they could talk. She led me to the car, but the truth is, I followed them both. I am not ignorant of Amora's frequent heartache so I made sure that nothing would happen to her so I followed them with mom and there, I heard it all. I also saw and heard how my Amora cried in front of my mom, saying that she doesn’t want to marry me for money. She’s marrying me because she loves me since then up until now and I love her too very much.”

“Evan” Jaz called me. He’s the doctor I’m talking to earlier. He’s a heart specialist, a heart surgeon.

“We need an immediate operation so I am asking for her family members’ approval. Ms. Alagarcia 's heart is so weak and if it is not operated on, I’m sorry but we’ll lose her”. It’s a long explanation to me.

“N-no, me. I .... I’m her family. I’m her fiance. Please, proceed with the operation.” I said trembling but Jaz just looked at me sadly.

“I’m sorry but, legal family’s consent is what we need, Evan. You are not married to Ms. Alagarcia.” The doctor was also worried. But my silent prayer seemed to be heard when Amora’s mom suddenly came together with my mom, both are crying.
"D -doc, I'm .... I'm her mother" tears on the face mixed with deep remorse language of Mrs. Alagarcia.

“Please do everything to save my daughter, please, please” and that’s the cue for Jaz and the others to do their job and save the woman I deeply love.

"Shh, son, listen" I heard mom say but I can't look at her. I am damn scared for my Amora’s life. Please, oh God, save my Amora. Save my Fiadh Amora. I'm still praying. “She’ll be fine son. Later, Fiadh will come out and the doctors will meet us with a smile and say that the operation was successful.” Mom said.

Seconds, minutes, and hours had passed but the surgery still went on. I now can’t literally feel my body. It became numb. Until I heard different footsteps coming in and out of the OR. “What’s happening?” I was confused by the question but no one answered me until my mom called me with a very worried voice. "S -on, son, R -Redeus"

And there, I saw the monitor, beeping with deafening sound and what’s worse is .... the line is flattened.

"Amora-------."