Chapter XII: Alea Iacta Est!

NARRATIVE

(AN: Y'all read this with the TCW narrator's voice.)

ANOTHER YEAR PASSES. WITH THE ARRIVAL OF THE REPUBLIC REMNANTS, THE UFN MADE PREPARATION FOR THE UPCOMING WORLD WAR. WITH THE HOPES OF HINDERING OR EVEN DEFEATING THEIR SWORN ENEMY, THE SITH EMPIRE ARISES ANEW.

THE JEDI ORDER WAS RESTORED IN THEIR NEW TEMPLE RIGHT IN THE HEART OF PENDRAGON. THROUGHOUT THE YEAR, NO DECISIVE MOVEMENT WAS MADE FROM BOTH SIDE. THOUGH BOTH THE JEDI AND THE UFN KNEW, THIS WAS BUT A CALM BEFORE THE STORM.

AND INDEED THEY WERE CORRECT. ONLY MONTHS AWAY FROM THE PROMISED WAR, THE SITH EMPIRE HAD COMPLETED ITS PREPARATIONS. HER SOLDIERS STAND READY, HER WAR MACHINES ARMED AND LOADED. WAR WILL COME, AND HER PEOPLE WILL WELCOME IT.

IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THE SITH EMPIRE UNLEASHES WHATEVER TERROR THEY HAVE IN STORE.

°°°°°°

A year and 3 months later.

"It's has been a while, Corps General. How are you feeling? Are you well?"

"I'm fine, Liu. I'm alright."

Kallen, wife to Darth Varou, one of the Six Great Darths, and Corps General of the Imperial Knightmare Corps was talking to one of her lealest men via Holoproj. Major Liu Purnawan. Survivor of the Battle of Jakarta recruited as an Imperial Knightmare pilot, and now served under her.

"How are things in the Corps? I take it none too serious? No emergency or anything?" Asked Kallen. Even though she was given a break until she was called to service by His Imperial Majesty, she couldn't help but care about her pilots.

"No, nothing too serious. Unless you mean by them yapping nonstop saying they miss you, then yes." Liu answered.

"Aww, that's sweet of them. Tell them I'll be joining them once the war is about to start."

"So, how's your break? Though, I take it's not exactly a break, is it?"Liu asked.

"Yeah, having twins aren't easy. But I'll manage. Besides, Lord Varou helped me out occasionally. That, along with playing with the kids." she answered.

"Well, I'll be. A terrifying Darth that's also a good husband and a good dad. What has the world come to?" he joked.

Kallen giggled along, though Liu suddenly stopped and looked at her seemingly in disbelief.

"Liu, what's wrong?" Asked Kallen.

"Is it me, or did I swear I just saw a floating kid just fly by you?"

Kallen knew what exactly is happening, and looked behind her. Only to see a girl of 5 months floating around, giggling.

"Orillia! Get down from there!" Kallen immediately stood up from her seat and rushes to the floating babe.

Though all her tries to catch her, failed as young Orillia landed atop the cupboard.

"Ollie! Come to mommy, dear!"

Kallen called out to the baby with her hands reaching out. The babe saw her mother, and by her own will, floated towards her.

"Silly little girl. You just love to make mommy worry, don't you?"