Chapter Thirteen

*Are you into millionaire male mc with tough, independent and striving female mc? Are you into guys who say the sweetest things and do the sweetest things? Or girls who fight for what they truly want and wish for? Then go and check out TheOmoope books and if you're into all these, you'll thank me later. PS: I still love ABH. *

Chapter Thirteen

          "SO, YOU'RE TELLING ME YOU'VE been avoiding her since she came back?" Isah asked.

AbdulAzeez grunted from his place under his friend's mother's kitchen sink as he pushed a pipe into place. "That's what I said the last three times you asked. Pass me the wrench."

The day had started out nice with a light shower and since it was a Saturday AbdulAzeez had planned on staying home so he could spend his time with his nephew and niece. That had been the plan until he got a call from Isah's mother who had asked him to come help fix her sink.

AbdulAzeez had left his house eager to get the work done so he could return home, but his friend had other plans. He wanted to talk but AbdulAzeez was not particularly interested in talking.

"I can't believe you," Isah started as he handed the tool to him. "A-a, I don't understand you fah."

AbdulAzeez exhaled. "It seems that is the motto of my desolate life now. Even my mother doesn't understand me."

"You stay celibate for years, don't even look at the opposite gender once and now that the love of your life has return, you do what... cower like a fool?"

"A fool?" The space between AbdulAzeez's eyebrows creased as he worked harder on the pipe. "Say what you want, Isah, just don't insult me."

Isah guffawed. "Are you angry I called you a fool? But that's what you are na. You're being really, really foolish. If you can't walk up to her and tell her what you want just forget about her and stop acting like a mumu."

"I did not come here to hear rubbish from you." AbdulAzeez growled, glaring up at his friend, the task forgotten. "Besides, is that supposed to be an advice?"

"You want advice?" The short man sneered. "Then hear this, look somewhere else. I know a lot of young women who are dying to be with you. I can hook you up. That girl is now someone's mother, she won't even be the same again."

"What do you mean by the same?"

"Haba na, do you want me to spell it out for you?" His friend grinned. "Another man's prints is stained all over her already. She's second-hand product now."

AbdulAzeez felt his chest burn at the malicious statement. Instantly he bustled himself out from under the sink and jumped to Aabidah's defense. "What did you just say?" He slammed the tool down with a loud thud on the wooden counter. "How dare you talk about someone like that? Say that again, I dare you!" His breathing came out harsh and uneven.

Isah's eyes widened as he was unable to believe what he was witnessing. A corner of his lips pulled up to expose slightly kola-stained teeth as he sneeringly laughed his head off.

AbdulAzeez's hands tightened into fists by his sides, his breathes came out as gasps and he was getting more infuriated.

"Wallahi, you are so funny." Isah wheezed out and laughed once more as he let himself settle down on a stool. "Why do you two always find offense when I say something that is true? The other day AdbulWahid nearly beat me up because of that cousin of his. Now you look like you want to punch me because I said what we both know is true. Did you forget who's older here?" His lips curled in disgust.