Author's Note

Asalamu alaykum guys! *peeks from behind a rock, then slips out with head hanging and hands folded in front of each other* I hope you've all been doing well. Well, other than going to school, dying from the workload and a terrible writer's block which, alhamdulillah, has probably gone, I'm doing fine.

It's been a rough and tough couple of months, but we thank Allah Ta'ala for His infinite mercy upon our lives. May He grant us the mercy of witnessing the Blessed Month of Ramadhan. Aameen.

During the strike and after, I tried to write the ending of this book but I was unable to. Even after resuming school I would try to force myself to do so, but I ended up clearing the entire sentences I had written because they were terrible. So I gave up. Fortunately, after finishing Hena Khan's "More To The Story" the day before yesterday I got the inspiration to write the long awaited epilogue and when I started I didn't stop.

I was coming back from school on Friday and the beginning of the scene wouldn't leave me alone, and I'm glad it didn't. Once I got home, I laid down and began my work. But as I started, I realized I was indeed finally ending this book and my eyes filled with tears. However, I'm glad I finished the book, that way I can focus on writing Fatiha and Munir's story.

I know that the chapter is a short one for such a long break, but I figured if it was longer it would ruin the beauty and magic the chapter was meant to express. I hope you all felt the same though.

I would love to thank every one of you for sticking around and for enjoying my work. You all mean a lot and I hope you'll continue to support me. I hope to give you guys more interesting and fun filled works, insha Allah.

I hope you stick around and watch me grow.
With lots of love and gratitude,
                                       —ZainaHijabi😘