Epilogue

Chapter dedicated to son_abishar for being the sweet and hilarious person you are. For always threatening me, waiting for me, and encouraging me to go on. You matter and you alone alongside Allah should bother about what kind of person you are. Love you for the sake of Allah. Love everyone else here who's has stuck with me though  AbdulAzeez and Aabidah's story. This book is dedicated to you guys. You're all the real MVPs.❤ PS. It's a first draft, didn't have the time to edit. Don't forget to leave lots of comments. Enjoy!

EPILOGUE

Few Months Later.

            "DO YOU THINK THERE'S ANYTHING like a happy breakup?" Nooriya asked in a low voice, her hands raised up as she aimed her camera at the emerging newly wedded couple. 

"I'm sure there is," Basmah answered begrudgingly as she rose to her feet after noticing she was the only one left sitting. 

"Sure there is," Aabidah Ali echoed, the sides of her lips tilting up into a smile. "We're witnesses to one." She whispered as she watched alongside her friends as AbdulAzeez Dawud walked arm in arm with his bride, Fauziyah, into the dimly decorated reception hall. 

It seemed as if it were just yesterday when she had ended things with him and told him she wanted him to move on. To make the promise he'd made to her to someone else. And he did. It had taken a little nudge here and there but he had moved on, and nothing, Aabidah knew, absolutely nothing could have made her happier than she was at the moment. 

Seeing him with another woman by his side, smiling in the most beautiful way she would never forget, Aabidah's heart grew and filled her chest with warmth. Sometimes it takes losing something to find something better, she mused but it wasn't until her closest friend, Basmah nudged her and looked at her curiously did Aabidah realize she had spoken her thoughts out loud. 

"You'll be someone else's better. You'll be that person's coolness of the eyes. The warmth that fills his heart and home when it's cold at night. For we plan and Allah's plan is best." The taller and darker skinned woman whispered softly, her eyes which had been holding her friend's left it for a bit to rest on the now seated couples before returning back to her friend. "Who knows," she mentioned with a teasing smile but a hopeful glint in her eyes as she looked deep into the crowd of men. "There just might be that someone lurking around." 

Aabidah didn't have to trace her friend's eyes because she knew exactly who it was Basmah was looking at and talking about. He was probably dressed in brown, not because the groom side had picked that as their colour for the day, but because somehow he had found out she had said he looked good in it and had been wearing the colour constantly. Smiling, she gave her friend a squeeze on the elbow in silent gratitude. 

There had been ups and downs, happiness and sadness. There had been tests and Aabidah knew she wouldn't have been able to go through them without the help of the loved ones her Rabb had put in her path so she was grateful. Extremely so. 

"Thank you," she told Basmah, then to Noor who had finally turned to them with a wide grin on her face as she pointed her camera at the two friends, Aabidah said, "Thank you both."

"You're welcome," Noor, the youngest, bowed her head in a grand and hilarious gesture, her empty hand tugging at the side of her lacy dress like princesses do. "Now let's sit, shall we?" 

Aabidah smiled at her friends but remained standing. She took in a huge breath before turning to look at the groom and the bride. Almost as if he too had been looking for her, Aabidah noticed the eyes of the man she had once been greatly in love with widen and glow as they came in contact with hers. 

She raised her hands up and made a silent dua for the couple before blowing it in their direction. AbdulAzeez and his wife who had caught the act did the same, the gratitude evident and sparkling in both their eyes. 

The warmth that had filled Aabidah's chest spread through the rest of her body as AbdulAzeez mouthed a "JazakAllahu khair". With her head raised high and through the tears in her eyes with the lump in her throat, Aabidah replied, "Wa antum fa jazakAllahu khair."

*See you guys at the author's after note

*See you guys at the author's after note.  ❤😘*