~ Chapter 8: Pepero Day ~

Since their trip to Everland, Minmin talked to Ren more often through Kakao Talk and Facebook. The most common phases like Hi, How are you doing?, Good night, and other chit chatting had become their common routine.

The 11th of November was Korean Pepero Day, the day which girls and boys gave Pepero to whom they like or love. Pepero was a biscuit stick covered with chocolate, strawberry, or milk cream. The brunches of these biscuit stick were everywhere from a little convenient stores to enormous department stores. As Minmin didn't have a boyfriend, she normally bought decorative boxes of Pepero for her friends.

ON THE PEPERO DAY

"Here is your Pepero" Minmin hand a pretty box of Pepero to Maycy as having a girls gathering in Minmin's room.

"Oh! Thanks" Maycy happily replied

"This one's for Cookie" Minmin spoke to herself as separating the box of Pepero from the bag

"Whom is that one for? Ren??" Maycy nodded to another pack of Pepero with pink decorative hearts on the box.

"Errr...I don't know. I probably over-bought it" Minmin tried to find an excuse but it seemed to be the stupidest one ever especially when talking to Maycy because she always knew exactly what was on her mind. Some day she would certify her as the best friend of the year.

"I'm your friend. You can't fool me" Maycy said

"Hahah...Well, I did think of giving it to someone special..." Minmin confessed

"Ren, right? I'm sure he'll be glad" Maycy suggested as she knew that Ren was really interested in Minmin, but her friend never get a slightest clue or realize her own feeling.

"Really, but I don't know how. Would it be a bit awkward?" Minmin spoke her mind with the obvious hesitating facial emotion.

"Ahhh! Seriously, if you think so, you must have some feeling for him" Maycy straightly pointed out to her friend. According to her experience, if Minmin didn't have a special feeling for him, if would be easy for her to give him just a box of Chocolate stick.

"Err...I don't know..." Minmin was still a little hesitated but still followed Maycy suggestion.

Despite what she said, Minmin took a pink color pen and wrote something on the Pepero box.

At the university

Minmin planned to give Ren the Pepero. She walked to the Communication Art Faculty Building in hoping to meet Ren. Expectedly and unexpectedly, Minmin did meet Ren outside the building, by the time she was about to walked to him, a beautiful girl coming out of nowhere ran to him. As an observer, she stayed there for a while and observed the scene of a girl closely talking and giving a Pretty box of Pepero to the guy and he was smiling at her. Minmin suddenly had a mixed and indescribable emotion plus some disappointment deep inside.

"That must be his girl." She thought with unpredictable feeling than even she herself didn't understand. She suddenly put the Pepero back into her bag.

Then, Ren noticed Minmin and walked toward her. He was glad that she came to see him.

"Didn't expect you to come... you miss me?" Ren teasingly ask

"Pabo" Minmin said as if it was ridiculous.

"Where's my Pepero?" Ren reached his bare hand to her with big smile making his eyes looking like a small crescent moon.

"I don't have it!" Minmin said without looking at him concealing the...expression in her eyes.

"I thought you came here to give me Pepero? Or you already give it to someone else?" asked Ren