four

"you're home

"you're home. you're safe."

-

november, 1983

Y/N WOKE UP IN A HOSPITAL, then she saw her mom, joyce and her brother, jonathan in front of her.

"hey." joyce excitedly says with a smile on her face. "hi, sweetheart."

"where.. where am i?" y/n weakly asks.

"you're home." jonathan replies as joyce kept stroking y/n's hair. "you're safe."

"jonathan." y/n says, happy to see him again.

"yeah, it's me, buddy." jonathan says with a smile as a tear falls from his face. "we missed you. we really missed you."

"where's will?" y/n asks.

"he didn't wake up yet." joyce replies with a sad expression.

"are you okay?" y/n asks jonathan, referring to his hand.

jonathan furrows his brows. "what this?" he asks as he lifts up his hand. "it's just a cut, it's nothing." he smiles. "you're worried about my hand." he jokes as, joyce stroked y/n's hair.

"oh, yeah." jonathan remembers. "we brought you and will some stuff. so you both don't get bored in here. i made you a new mix tape."

y/n takes the tape out of jonathan's hands.

"there's some stuff in there that you really might like." jonathan adds.

after a few minutes passes by, the door swings, revealing mike, lucas, and dustin.

"y/n!" mike yells in excitement and runs over to hug her.

"be careful, be careful with her." joyce warns all of them.

"move!" lucas pushes mike.

then lucas and dustin came up to y/n, and hugs her too.

"you won't believe what happened when you were gone!" lucas says with a smile.

"it was mental!" dustin adds.

"you and will had a funeral." lucas continues.

"jennifer hayes was crying." dustin says.

"and troy peed himself." lucas says with excitement.

y/n was just really happy to see her friends again, after everything that happened.

y/n starts laughing, but then shortly after, it turns into a coughing fit.

y/n sees mikes smile slowly starting to fade.

"you okay?" mike asks as he pats her shoulder.

"yeah, i'm fine." y/n weakly replies with a small smile.

"it's okay." mike assured me. "it's dead. we made a new friend. she stopped it, she saved us. but she's gone now."

"her names eleven." dustin adds.

"like the number?" y/n asks in confusion.

"well, we call her el for short." lucas says.

"she's basically a wizard." dustin jokes.

"she has superpowers." lucas whispers.

"more like a yoda." mike tells them.

"she flipped a van with her mind, and these agents-" dustin says with excitement.

then the three of them started talking over each other in excitement which made y/n smile, she thought it was really good to see them again.

-

december 25th, 1983

"something is coming." mike says, as the five of them played the campaign. "something angry. hungry for your blood. it is almost here."

"what is it!?" will eagerly asks.

"it's the thessalhydra, i'm telling you." dustin rants.

"it's not the thessalhydra." lucas disagrees.

"i'm telling you, it's the thessalhydra." dustin argues.

mike slams a figure onto the board.

"the thessalhydra!" he reveals.

"damn it." dustin groans.

"it roars in anger!" mike continues. "will, your action!"

"what should i do- i-" will panics.

"fireball him!" lucas cuts him off.

will then turns to dustin.

"fireball the son of a bitch." dustin says.

y/n and lucas have a wide smile on their faces.

will rolls the dice and it lands on fourteen.

"fourteen!" the boys cheered as y/n just smiled.

"direct hit. will the wise's fireball hits the thessalhydra!" mike tells. "it makes a painful.." then he screeches and goes to the ground, which was really funny. "and then.. it crumbles to the ground. its clawed hand reaches for you one last time and.. and, and, and!"

then mike collapses to the floor.

everybody started cheering and hugging each other in victory.

but then everyone started complaining about how short the campaign was, except y/n, not because she was trying to be a suck-up, but she really didn't mind actually, she just liked hanging out with her friends and her brother.

the door then opens, then jonathan comes down stairs.

"what's that smell? have you guys been playing games all day, or just farting?" jonathan teases.

they all start to laugh at the joke. "oh, that's just dustin." lucas teases. "he farted.

"dustin farted." lucas sings as he blows raspberry.

"okay, very mature, lucas." dustin sarcastically says.

"thank you." y/n says to mike.

"for what?" mike confusedly asks.

"you guys basically saved me, without you guys, i don't know what would've happened to me." y/n explains.

mike gives the girl a wide smile and pulls her in for a hug.

"come on." jonathan tells y/n and will.

"bye guys!" will says, then y/n and will leave with jonathan.

-

once y/n got home, i started concentrating on the book her mom got her as a gift.

but then, suddenly, it started lifting up in the air by itself.

y/n panicked and gasped in fear, and just as it did that, it fell back onto her bed.

then she noticed her nose was bleeding, and wiped the blood from her nose.

well, shit. she thought

-