seven

"it's not a joke, all right? it's public knowledge

"it's not a joke, all right? it's public knowledge."

-

october, 1984

JOYCE WAS SCROUNGING AROUND THE HOUSE, looking for her keys, confusing y/n, will, and jonathan.

"jesus. have you seen them?" joyce asks y/n.

"we're looking, mom." y/n replies.

"yeah, mom, we're looking." will adds.

y/n has felt on edge, since last night, when mike told y/n about the power thing.

she hasn't told anybody yet, because she still couldn't really believe it herself.

she just couldn't wrap her head around her, having superpowers, and moving things with her mind.

"a-ha! found 'em." bob, joyce's new boyfriend chuckles as he walks out of the room with the keys. "hiding under some jeans, sneaky little buggers."

joyce grabs the keys from bob and kisses his cheek. "thank you. thank you. you're a life saver."

"can you take y/n and will to school today?" joyce asks jonathan. "i cannot be late again."

"he's staying over now?" jonathan whispers to joyce, referring to bob.

"can you just take will and y/n, please?" joyce asks again, changing the topic.

"i can take them." bob intervenes.

"will you make sure they get in okay?" joyce asks bob as she puts on her jacket.

"yeah, of course." bob replies with a soft smile. "what do you say, guys? wanna go for a ride in the bobmobile?"

will and y/n glanced at each other with small smiles, then followed bob into his car.

-

bob was playing a love song in his truck as he drove y/n and will to school.

"was that you i heard milling around last night, or was that a ghost?" bob asks will.

"yeah. me, probably." will replies sadly.

"another nightmare?" bob asks.

y/n didn't know will was having the kind of same nightmares as her.

"um.. no." will says.

then it goes silent for a few seconds, but bob breaks it.

"did i ever tell you about mr. baldo?" bob asks will as he turns his head to will.

"mr baldo?" will asks bob as he averts his attention away from the window and turns his head to face bob.