that little old lady who lost her phone

🕸

🕸

After that whole ordeal, Spider-Man and I part ways to go do our own patrolling.

I helped an old man cross the street, then saved a cat from getting hit by a car, then helped an old lady who had lost her phone. Turned out her phone was in her pocket the whole time. Then there was this little kid who got separated from his mom. I ended up finding her and reuniting them.

Just an average day when you're one of the best Avengers on the team.

The sun has just began to set, casting an amber glow over the city of Queens. In the distance, the skyline of Manhattan basks in the liquid gold on the horizon.

Since my home turf is Manhattan, I like to stick close to there at night, while in the day after school I spend my time in Queens. I'll have to be heading home soon.

"Wednesday, call Tony," I tell my AI.

"Calling Tony Stark."

The line rings for a few seconds before he picks up. "Yes?"

"What? No hello for your favorite Avenger?" I ask.

"Sorry, Munchkin. Hello."

"That's better," I say. "So I just have a quick question."

"Shoot."

"Do you know a Peter Parker?"

The line is suspiciously silent for a few seconds. "Can't say that I do."

"Uh-huh, yeah, well you should because he's one of my friends and he said he's in some kind of Stark Internship. Ring a bell?"

"Oh! That kid who talks too much. Yeah, I've seen him. What about him?"

"Nothing. I was just wondering if you knew him, that's all." I walk to the opposite side of the building and sit down on the ledge.

"Okay, well if that's all I've gotta be—" something in the background explodes and he starts coughing. "Shit. Pepper's not gonna be happy about that." The line goes dead.

I sigh and swing my legs back and forth. This is how calls with Tony usually go—we talk for about two minutes before something happens and he has to go. Sometimes I wonder if he does it on purpose so that he doesn't have to talk to me. I don't know, maybe I'm just overthinking.