nope, nope, nope. never doing this again

🕸

🕸

I scream for a long time.

Swinging around on a spider web, being held by Spider-Man is something I will NEVER do again. Ever. Periodt. It's over. No way in hell.

We reach the edge of a house's roof and Spider-Man shoots another web. It flies off into the night over a golf course, having nothing to attach to. "We're not swinging any further," he says.

My body clings to him like a sloth. "Thank God. I did not want to do that anymore." I exhale a sigh of relief and release my tight grip on him.

"The great Emerald Enchantress, one of the most popular Avengers, incredibly powerful and badass and can literally fly... is afraid of heights?" He climbs down the side of the house.

"We all have fears, Spider-Child." I levitate myself down and wait for him at the bottom.

"Spider-Child?"

"Yes, and these nicknames are only going to get worse." I begin jogging beside him across the golf course.

"Was swinging around really that bad? I promised I wouldn't let you fall, and you didn't," he says.

"Yes, it was that bad! I thought I was gonna die at least six hundred different times."

"But you didn't!" He throws his hands in the air. All the sprinklers on the green turn on, drenching us in water. "This sucks!"

I laugh. "Oh, come on. It's not that bad." I stumble, my feet almost sliding out from under me on the slick grass. "It reminds me of that scene in High School Musical 2, when Troy and Gabriella were having a picnic on the golf course and Sharpay turns the sprinklers on."

"Oh, that's such a cheesy movie," he pants out, becoming out of breath. "I loved it."

"So it's weird if I'm scared of heights, but the fact SPIDER-MAN watches High School Musical, isn't weird!?"

We reach the location of the blue explosion. Spider-Man and I perch atop a bridge, spying on a small group of men testing out their high tech weapons.

"Wednesday, get me ears on their conversation."

"Right away, boss."

"Why did—"

"Shh," I cut Spider-Man off.

"Now, this is crafted from a reclaimed sub-Ultron arm straight from Sokovia. Here. You try," one of the men says, handing the device to the other.

"Holy shit," I whisper.

"What?"

"That one's made with parts from Ultron's arm."