Graduation Day (Chapter 21)

"There comes a day when we reach the top, only to graduate and end up back at the bottom. And for us, today is that day." Haley said as she began reading her speech. "Now life is no longer fun and games. It's time we should take everything seriously. But maybe we could party, a little bit more than once in a while. There also comes a time when we find that special someone. It seems as for Connor and Gracem they've already found that special someone." the audience laughed and I looked over to Connor. His soft curls were sticking out of his red graduation cap. He looked back at me, blowing a kiss and I blew one back.

"Grace Davies." I walked up on stage, grabbing my diploma as I shook hands with the super intendant of schools. "Yeah Gracie!" I heard my dad yell from the audience. Walking down the stage steps, I found my family. My mom, Beth, Mandy, and dad. I walked up to them, hugging my dad tightly. 

"What are you doing here? I thought your jb wasn't going to let you come." I asked as he fixed the white cap on my head.

"Well, they ended up letting me coming. I wouldn't miss this for anything." he said with a smile. "You're no longer a little girl."

"Yeah but I'll always be your little girl." I replied, scrunching up my nose.

I looked up on stage hearing Connor's name and watched as he walked up with his cheeky grin. Shaking hands with the super intendant as he grabbed his diploma. Walking off the stage in his red cap and gown. 

"I'll be back in like two minutes." I said, walking off to Connor and jumped up, wrapping my arms around his neck as he swung me around in a circular motion. When he put me down, I did a little dance singing "We finally graduated." Grabbing his hand, I pulled him away. "Come on, you've got to meet my dad." I said.

"What?" Grace, I don't think I'm ready yet." he said. 

Turning around, I looked up at him with big puppy eyes. "Please?" I said. "He almost couldn't make it."

Connor sighed running a hand through his hair. "Fine. But what if he doesn't like me?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes. "Of course he's gonna like you. He's gonna love you!" I said poking out my tongue. 

___________________

"Daddy?" I started. "This is Connor, my boyfriend."

My dad turned around looking at Connor. "Hi Connor. I'm Mr. Davies..the one who helped make your beautiful girlfriend." he said shaking hands with Connor. "Dad!" I said looking over at him. Connor laughed softly, replying "Well thank you, cause I've got no idea what I'd do without her." 

"How long have you two been dating now?" my dad asked.

"About almost a year now, sir." Connor replied putting his arm around me.

"I'm sorry, but I can't help but notice your accent. You're British correct?" my dad asked.

"Um, yes. I'm from Northern London." Connor replied.

"How old were you when you moved here?"

Biting my lip, I looked over at Connor whispering "You don't have to answer it if you don't want to." Connor shook his head mumbling, "No. I want to......I was seven."

"Where are your parents, sweetheart? I stll haven't met them. Maybe we could all go out to lunch." my mom said stepping up next to my dad. 

"Mom." I whispered looking over at her, but she just gave me a confused expression.

"Uhh. They actually died, which is why I ever moved here. I live with my aunt." he replied, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand.

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry for even asking...no wonder Grace was giving me that look." my mom replied and bit her lip hugging Connor. "If you ever need anything just ask me or Grace's dad, okay? Cause we already consider you are son-in-law." she said. 

"Alright. Thank you." Connor replied. 

"Now why don't you kids go say bye to your friends, then we'll meet you at the house so we can go somewhere for dinner." my dad said. "Um, okay. Love you guys, bye!" I said as Connor and I walked away.

"I've never seen such a good looking kid." I heard my dad whisper to my mom.

"Oh stop." my mom said with a laugh, slapping my dad on the chest softly. Biting my lip I pushed my hair back. I just hoped that the two would end up getting back together.