Concrete Jungles (Chapter 12)

Austin drove down the highway, music playing faintly on the radio. Connor was sitting up in the passenger seat, he had fallen asleep maybe half an hour ago? Then Alexis and I were seated in the back. Whipping out her phone, Alexis sent me a quick text:

Why is Connor wearing cover-up on his neck, missy?

I don't know...I replied, looking over at her.

I don't want you dating him, Grace. He's just gonna break your heart, since he's worses then Hunter.

I rolled my eyes. And? You barely even know him..if you gave him a chance you'd find out that people just misunderstand him. And since when were you my mom, telling me who not to date?

Alexis sighed, locking her phone and set it on her lap. The city was in plain sight now, and you could see it to your right. It was all big, and huge. I just couldn't wait to get there. 

Connor moved around in his seat, and sat up letting out a yawn. He stretched his arms, and reached for the radio turning it down. I rested my head against the window, and scrunched up my nose at the disgusting smell of swamp. Yuck.

"Giants stadium! How about we go to the game instead?" Austin asked, as she drove past it. Rolling her eyes Alexis said, "Austin, we're not going to a football game full of arguning men."

"Fine, then we're putting the game on the radio." Austin said, changing the radio channel.

"No you're not. Just leave the stupid music on." Alexis snapped back.

"Well, I'm sick and tired of your stupid girl music. I don't want to listen to Justin Bieber!"

"Well I don't want to listen to your stupid football game!"

"How about we don't listen to the radio?" Connor suggested turning it off.

I bit lip, running a hand through my hair, popping my gum in my mouth. Talking about awkward. I smiled at Connor, who turned around facing me, and winked back in reply turning back around and told Austin which exit to take to get to the Lincoln Tunnel. 

______

We entered the city, and the windows were rolled down as we looked out into the large bright city. Austin pulled up into a parking garage, and paid for the ticket. Driving the car up, he began searching for a parking spot.

I was the first to get out when he did, and skipped over to Connor putting my arms around his waist. "Do you guys think we could try getting Ed Sheeran tickets? Before we go to Central Park." I suggested, as I grabbed Connor's hand intertwining our fingers as we walked out of the garge heading down the street towards the park.

"Let's take a quick picture in front of the huge globe over there! By the The Trump." Alexis suggested, whipping out her iPhone pulling up the camera. 

After the quick picture, we walked into the park. Austin and Alexis were head of us. I leant into Connor, and sighed putting my hair into a loose ponytail, leaving my bangs to the sides of my head. We had already gotten the tickets. They weren't in the front, further back. But hey, at least we're still going.