The Masquerade (Chapter 22)

Connor's POV

"Now Connor, make sure you bring Grace back right after the dance okay? I don't want you taking her home. You're welcome to come and stay here for the night, but only because we're going to be here. I like you, you seem like a good kid. I just don't want you and Grace being alone tonight at some house."

I completely understood. He was the protective father every girl should have. You could tell, he'd do anything to keep his daughter safe. 

I nodded. "I completely understand." I replied.

Her father nodded saying, "Please always treat my daughter well..cause I'd love it if you were the one she ends up marrying. I never liked that kid she used to date. Hunter. He just seemed like trouble." 

"Okay..she's ready!" her older sister yelled, as she ran down the stairs. Her mom appeared at the top of the stairs, with a smile, followed by Grace. She looked beautiful. She had her hair pulled to the side, in loose curls. Then wore a short white dress, which became flowy at the bottom. 

Grace's POV

I smiled, looking at Connor as my mom helped me down the stairs. 

"We have to get a picture by the fireplace!" Beth said, grabbing the camera from Mandy. "Just one picture, okay? Cause we're already running late." I said, walking to the fireplace followed by Connor.  Putting his arm around my waist, I placed one of my hands on his chest. We both looked into the camera, putting on the best smile we could. More than one picture was taken. Probably at least close to a hundred. Or maybe even over. 

We walked out the door, and Connor ended up carrying me down the stairs 'bridal style'.

this is not finished.