Family Party (Chapter 15)

The sound of a car door slamming made me flinch, causing me to wake up. Hearing my mother's voice yelling at Mandy, my head shot up seeing them heading towards the door. Connor was still here. Shaking him awake, i got up grabbing his shirt and threw it at him. "What?" he mumbled. "Put it on! My mom's home." I said, pushing back my hair. Connor looked at me confused for a few seconds, before he finally understood and struggled getting his shirt on quickly. Pulling it down, my mother opened the door letting Mandy in first. 

"Hey." I said and walked up to my mom helping her take in the bags and set them by the bottom of the stairs.  "Umm..hi I'm Connor." he said introducing himself to my mom, with a smile. My mom looked over at me, as I made an awkward smile, running a hand through my hair. She sighed, shaking the curly haired boy's hand, "Hi Connor..I'm Ms. Davies, Grace's mom. But you probably know that." she said with a smile. Mandy was sitting on the couch, playing on her iPad as she watched TV.

"Grace, we're going to a family party today. It's your older sister's rehersal dinner. You can bring Connor if you'd like." my mom said as she walked over to the stove cooking up a breakfast. I was sitting on the barstool, and looked back at Connor who was talking with Mandy. Looking back at my mom, I sighed. "I'm not sure if he'd like that kind of stuff...but I'll still ask anyways." I replied and got up taking out the eggs handing it to my mom. "And by the way Grace, I thought I said no boys." my mom said looking over at me. I rolled my eyes and shrugged saying, "He just spent the night mom, cause we went to the city and it was late when we came back."

"Who did you go with and what did you do there?"

"Alexis and Austin, and we went to the Ed Sheeran concert."

"You guys didn't sleep together, right?" she aske cracking an egg and put it on the pot as it began to boil.

Blushing a bit, I stayed silent shaking my head.

"Grace! I better hope you used protection."

"If that would make you happier...then yes."

My mom rolled her eyes sighing. "You're grounded, for the next three days.  I'm not going to make it a long time, cause if there was an attractive boy in the house, and no one was home, I'd do the same thing." 

"Mom!" I said, laughing softly and face palmed. 

I walked over to Connor, sitting down on his lap. He wrapped his arms around me and texted his aunt, saying that he wouldn't be home for a while. "So are you coming to the dinner?" I asked. "I don't have any clothes to wear, so I'll have to stop by at my house."

"We've got some old clothes of my ex-husbands up the attic. I'm sure some of it will fit you. Grace, why don't you take him?"

I bent down grabbing an old box, marked with my dad's name on it and opened it up. "Do you see anything you like?" I asked and sat down on Connor's lap as he looked through the formal clothes in the box.  He pulled out a black dress shirt, and a white tie. "I think I'm satisfied with this." he said, allowing me to get up. "I'll just wear it with the black jeans I'm wearing now." 

I rolled my eyes, going down the attic stairs and waited for Connor to walk out before shutting the lights and closed the door. Connor walked into the bathroom, and closed the door getting ready. Sighing, I entered my room closing the door behind me and locked it. Entering my closet, I looked at my dresses, and bit my lip. Pulling out a cream colored dress, with flower-laced detailing at the top of it. Grabbing my black tights, i bent down digging through my shoes, until finally I spotted my black laced wedges. Changing into the outfit, I walked out of the closet and sat down at the small vaniety, quickly curling my hair and ran a brush through it too make them looser and then after fixed my make-up. 

With a small smile, I got up walking out of my bedroom. Connor jumped out from behind me, wrapping his arms around me and twirled me around pinning me against the wall. "Woah there, wolf boy." I said with a smirk, and kissed him softly, ducking beneath his arms walking towards the stairs. "I know you're staring." I said as I walked down the stairs. Connor smirked, catching up with me and slid down the railing, stopping in front of me. "So..if I'm Wolf Boy, then what does that make you?" he asked. Frowning in thought for a second, I pinched his cheeks and scrunched up my nose, "Well..why don't you figure that one out?"

_____________________

"Eeek! Grace!" my sister Beth said running up to me and threw her arms around me. "Hey." I said with a small laugh. She looked past me, spotting connor, squealing again. "And you must be Connor! Okay, so our mom told me about you like two hours ago...and damn are you fine. Grace has always been lucky when it comes to boys, cause she's such a beautiful girl." Beth said, squeezing my cheeks. Connor laughed and nodded "Well thank you..and I can 100% agree with that." he said, putting his arms around me. "Okay..well Grace, I'm gonna leave you two alone and go say hi to mom and Mandy." Beth said skipping off. "Umm...can we go to the bathroom?" I asked, looking up at Connor and bit my lip. Smirking, he nodded and grabbed my hand leading me off to the bathroom.

Slamming his lips to mine, he kicked the door shut with his foot, locking the door behind us. Picking me up, he set me down on the sink kissing my neck. Thank God for the loud music playing in the party room next door, where the dinner was going on. With my shaky hands, I reached for Connor's shirt, and began to unbotton it, as our lips met again. My fingers ran through his curly hair, and his strong arms were wrapped around my waist pulling me in closer. Kicking off my wedges, I flinched a bit hearing them dropping to the floor. Connor ran his hand up my dress, massaging my back. A knock on the door drew our attention away from each other, and I giggled softly. "Occupied! Be out in fifteen minutes." Connor said, and looked over at me biting his lip. "Fine then." the person said, and we heard his complaining as he walked away. 

"We should get out of here now." I said and jumped off the sink grabbing my wedges putting them back on. Unlocking the door, I walked out followed by Connor. Thankfully no one was by the door. Grabbing Connor's hand, we walked into the party room, and insantly I was surrounded by family members I haven't seen in a while.  After I had finished talking with them, Connor and I took our seats and i grabbed a piece of bread ripping small pieces from it and popped them in my mouth. "Let's go dance." I said and got up, grabbing Connor's hand and dragged him onto the dance flor into a sea of people, and began dancing with him. Laughing, I threw my head back and shook my head, grabbing Connor's hands and moved them around to the music. 

A slow dance song came on, and people grabbed dancing partners. Leaning into Connor, I rested my head on his chest, and hands on his shoulders. His arms were wrapped around my waist, and we danced slowly to the music, swaying back and fourth. Connor softly kissed the top of my head, and and whispered in my ear, "I love you, so much." Looking up at him, I smiled replying "I love you too." and we exchanged eskimo kisses, scrunching up our noses. Suddenly the song stopped, and on came the voice of the DJ saying "Ladies and gentleman, you may now take your seats because dinner is served."