Chapter 26; Torture

Dib began to drive them into the nearest town, just so Gir would shut up. In the back, Gaz was pressing her hands on Zim's shoulder, preventing it from bleeding more. The Irken blushed at her touch- this human, I swear to Irk, she's gonna drive me insane, he thought fondly.

Gaz looked up at him and saw his blush, she raised a brow and blushed herself before shaking it off. Ugh! Why did I blush? It's just Zim! Crazy, loud, smart, cute- wait, what!?, she internally screamed at the end.

"Can we go to Krazy Taco!?", Gir asked for the one millionth time.

"We are going," Dib ground out through his gritted teeth.

The four drove into the drive thru for Krazy Taco and immediately regretted it. "WELCOME TO KRAZY TACO!", the man over the box yelled.

"Nope!", Dib quickly made a u-turn and left, thankfully the drive thru was empty behind them.

"Aww," Gir sniffed sadly.

"We're going to Taco Bell instead," the paranormal investigator replied. No one, and I mean NO ONE, wanted to deal with a crying Gir.

"Yay!", the little robot laughed happily.

They drove into the Taco Bell, quickly ordered, got Gir's food, and left. They had to attend to Zim's wound, and they sure as hell couldn't do it here. The four then began to drive down a dirt road to find a suitable camp spot, Gir chewing loudly the whole time.

"Over there," Gaz pointed to a clearing nearby.

Dib drove there and parked, he then turned and looked at the two in the back seat. "So? What do you need me to do while you deal with alien scum?", he asked. Zim rolled his eyes at Dib.

"Set up a tent and then I'll fix him up in there," Gaz told him.

"Alright," her brother nodded, he then got out and began to set up.

"Take Gir with you!", Gaz yelled.

Zim could hear Dib groan through the car, then the big headed human came back and dragged Gir out, with his tacos. The little bit giggled happily as Dib carried him away.

Zim turned to Gaz and smirked cockily, "didn't want anyone interrupting, huh?"

Gaz's face turned beet red and here's eyes opened wide. "What?! W-wh-what are y-you ta-talking a-ab-about!?", she stuttered, tripping on her words.

"The almighty Zim is, as you say, pulling your leg," he laughed. He then grabbed her leg with his injured arm and literally "pulled her leg".

Gaz looked at the Irken with an unamused face, "really? You've learned earth customs and language easily, yet you don't understand metaphors?"

"Pfft! Yeah, I t-totally know w-what metaphors are! Hah! YOU LIE!", Zim lied, well, screamed.

"Uh-huh..." the human nodded slowly.

"I got a tent up!", Dib yelled.

"Coming!", Gaz called back. She turned to Zim and said, "let's go, I need to stitch ya up."

The Irken nodded before pressing his own hand on his wound so Gaz could open the door. The two got out and Zim immediately went inside the tent while the purple haired human grabbed a med kit, then she came into the tent.

Once they were in, Gaz zipped it up, not wanting Gir to barge in like a psychopath... which he is. This action made Zim raise a non-existent brow, "okay... I'm pretty sure this has to be some strange human mating ritual."

Gaz's face went bright red and her eyes opened wide. "Wow. Just wow," she said, feeling extremely shocked. "You have no idea how human 'mating rituals' work. And I sure as hell don't want to explain!"