C⃨H⃨A⃨P⃨E⃨R⃨ S⃨E⃨V⃨E⃨N⃨

⚠️ Warnings: Manipulation, non-consensual mind control, and a wrist is broken. ⚠️

"Look, I really can't thank you enough for being nice to Laddie and everything," I trailed off, "But you've probably got better things to do. So—" I waved toward the crowd, "See you around?"

"You wish, babe," Paul snuck past my side, his hip brushing against mine teasingly, "We're not done with you yet."

I scowled, arms crossing over my chest in defiance. I hoped that their ignorance to my wishes was a passing fade, "I'm literally going to be sitting here for like an hour. Ya'll don't have to stick around."

"Ya'll," Paul drawled, dragging the word out with a heavy accent. He effortlessly hopped on the railing next to David, kicking his legs out playfully, "You hear that, Marko? I think we found ourselves a little country girl."

"Sounds like it," Marko taunted, skirting around my back with a brief touch against my shoulders. Despite the mild action, his eyes were sharp, "It's been a while since we had one of those."

Paul's grin grew manic, "Wonder if they taste the same."

In any other context, that phrase might have made me grimace in distaste. But there was an odd ringing in my ears that warned me that Paul's words were less of an innuendo and more of a threat. I pondered about the stability of my mental state when his ridicule still forced a shiver to coast its way down my spine.

"Yeah, okay," I deadpanned, cautious gaze flicking between the terrible duo, "I think it's time to bounce."

David didn't intend to allow my request though, his icy blue eyes fixated on my figure as he spoke, "Where are you sleeping tonight?"

The question caught me off guard. I tossed a finger over my shoulder, trying not to let my confusion show, "The van. Interior's fine."

"You know," his following words were softened with an even layer of neutrality, "we have a place."

"You do?" I couldn't stop my brief flash of surprise, but immediately pushed it down in favor of rationality. Of course, they did. Probably some bachelor pad in the shoddy apartments off the state way. My nose scrunched, "Must be nice. Bet the rents a bitch though."

Marko snorted out a laugh, but I was more distracted by the absolute distaste that David leveled me with. It made me feel small, a silver of regret working its way up my spine at my failure to appease him.

"You can stay with us," Dwayne interjected before David could flay me with his silver tongue, "You and Laddie."

This time I couldn't stop myself from pulling a face. Just the thought of staying with them—all four of them— in some tiny apartment sent my skin crawling. I'd been in men's apartments before and it wasn't something I particularly wanted to repeat. I refused to watch another episode of Cheers surrounded by molding pizza boxes and half empty beer cans.

"Uh, thanks?" I questioned, shuffling my feet as I tried to politely decline, "But we're good. Might not look it, but the van is alright."

Propping his hands on his knees, Paul leaned toward me, "Come on, babe—"

"Don't worry about it, y/n," David cut in, gifting Paul a look I could only describe as quelling. A mild smile dimpled David's cheek as he addressed me again, "Let me know when you change your mind."

It wasn't the answer I anticipated.

Something in his tone bothered me. His smile was dripping in saccharine, words easily dismissed in favor of my perceived success. My heart lurched when I realized what set me off. David wasn't giving in— he spoke with an assurance of my compliance.