Chapter 1: Perfect

Soon after falling asleep, it was dawn. I got up from my slumber and charged to work as fast as possible. Being a knight sure is rewarding but damn does it suck. Except my life was where I always dreamed of it being.

I am a Knight of Favonius. And I am dating the Calvary Captain, Kaeya. When I first met him, I truly thought he would never look at me as anything other than a colleague. There were countless rumors about him and how he was a man whore and such. He did have a flirty approach when talking to people but never seemed to be wanting to get with people. Our friendship, if you even wanna call it that, was interesting. We slept together, a few times before establishing any sort of romantic relationship. I thought he would forget about me, but he just kept coming back. He kept messaging me to meet him at his house, which always lead to us doing more than just talking. I couldn't figure him out and it annoyed me. That was when one night, I asked a friend of his, Rosaria, out for drinks. I wanted to understand him more from someone who hangs out with me a lot. I wanted to understand what I was getting myself into.

"Hey. Can I ask you something?" I asked the sister. She turned to me while sipping her drink looking so unbelievably intimidating. She's hot, mysterious, and really really blunt. But I liked her company nonetheless. "What do you wanna know?" she asked, crossing her legs. "I slept with Kaeya recently but he keeps asking me to come over his house. And we always end up having sex. What does this mean?" I asked, gulping my drink down out of nervousness. I was nervous about how she might react. I didn't want to come off as invasive, I truly wanted to know if there was any hope of romance between us. 

"Hmm" was all she said for a moment. She looked confused, like I said something that was out of the ordinary for him. That statement turned out to be true when she said, "He never texts them back." That told me everything I needed to know. However, I continued to talk to her about this to get more. "Does he like me?" I asked. Suddenly, it looked as if a light bulb went off in Rosaria's head. She turned to me after her sudden realization and asked, "Are you Y/n?"

"Yes?"

"Holy shit. He talks about you all the time." she said. I was flabbergasted. A super attractive man that I have been crushing over like a school girl was interested in me? It didn't seem real. Not at all. After that night, everything felt different. The chemistry between us was so so different than it used to be. It wasn't long until he confessed to me. And now we have been dating ever since.

Every morning, I get reminded that he is mine and it isn't all some kinda dream. Seeing him every day made my day that much brighter. Every time he pressed his lips onto mine, I felt a chemical reaction. Every time I hear his name I smile like a an idiot. We were meant to be.

He is my soulmate.