Chapter 15: The Aftermath

"YOU SLEPT WITH HIM?" Venti shouted like the fucking chaotic human he is. "Shhh! Keep your voice down! But yes." I whispered loudly, covering Venti's loud ass mouth. 

Venti wanted to treat me to breakfast this morning. Because word was on the street about how Kaeya wanted me back. However, no one but Venti knows about me sleeping with Diluc.

Diluc and I agreed to keep our relationship on the down low. At least for now. He explained to me that him and Kaeya had a massive fight that basically destroyed their relationship. So, they hate each other. However, Diluc expressed that he wanted to rekindle their friendship and become family once again. 

That may never be a goal he can reach.

"Ooooo what a story! Kaeya's ex is now in love with his brother. Crazyyy" Venti laughed, enjoying the soap opera that was happening. "Kaeya suspected it, but never found out fully." I said, trying to shut him up. 

"Y/n, not to be a Debby downer or anything. But you know Kaeya will find out eventually. All hell might break loose." Venti said, shifting his tone to be more serious. Which is hard for him to do sometimes. I sighed as that was my worst fear. Ruining their relationship. Diluc wants his brother back. And I feel bad I might be the cause of them not ever having a relationship ever again. 

"Yeah, and I feel bad if they can never be close again." I sighed. Venti put his hand on my shoulder in reassurance. "Hey. It's not your fault. You and Diluc are following your hearts. The world said you guys were meant to be. Who cares if that causes drama? Diluc is happy with you, so he will stay with you." Venti says, smiling sweetly. "Thanks Venti. I really needed that." I said, hugging him. 

After breakfast, I had to run some errands for the house. The flowers on my windowsill were dead so I ran over to Miss Flora's. 

I walk over to see Donna. She was prepping the flowers on the stand, ready to be sold. The flowers looked delicate and elegant. Nature sure is a beautiful thing. 

"Hi Donna, can I get a bouquet of those red roses please?" I asked, rummaging through my bag for some mora. "Actually, I am saving these for a date." she said, blushing. "Oh really? That's so cute! Who are you asking out?" I asked. 

"Diluc"

I froze. Oh no. No, no, no, no. She wants to ask Diluc? She doesn't know does she? Of course she doesn't, only like two people in all of Mondstadt knows. Fuck.

I tried my very best to not cringe at her words. I really wanted to support her since she has been nothing but kind to me all these years. What do I do? Diluc told me he loves me yesterday. He is definitely not interested in Donna. 

"Oh uh, cool haha. Have a good time" I said, leaving the stand without any flowers.

Something didn't feel right. It doesn't feel right that Donna was now asking Diluc out. I couldn't pinpoint this feeling, and I hated it. 

I walked back home and sat on my bed with a dramatic sigh. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to hurt Donna. But not telling her might hurt her more. I clenched onto my head, trying so hard to convince myself to talk to her. Get the courage to disappoint her. I felt bad but I had no choice. I went to leave once again when a person I wished to not see was standing at my door.

"Hey stranger"