Chapter 10 - The Past II

She was stud. She was silent. She was staring in only one direction. Soon he noticed it. He broke the hug and moved his palms from her hairs and back to her cheeks to cup her face. He matched his direction of sight with hers and turned back. He was numb to glare the view. His mouth shaped a perfect O. He was in a state of shock till he nails slid and scratched his arms. He came into sense when a light line of blood took place.

There was standing the ghost with all her rage in its eyes and roaring like a wolf with lots of blood oozing from her sharp canons. Sanyu gulped a bit and clutched his arms as tight as she could. Parth was back into action now. He moved all his patience, fear and anger on his pistol. He pointed the barrel towards the ghost and trigerred it.

But wait, was it really the solution? Was she really affected by the bullet? Absolutely not. The bullet passed through her body and hit directly on a tree.

Both parth and sanyu were numb. They expressionlessly gazed each other. Just then, they heard the rough laughing voice of the ghost "haa haa haa haa". They stared the ghost widening their eyes.

Her grip on his arm became tighter and her fingers reached to his neck. They touched a pendent attached to a gold chain. She put a glance on it and found a durga pendent hanging. She snatched the chain and showed it to the ghost. She stared the pendent for a while and then screamed loud. After a minute, she left.

Both of them took a deep breath and stared each other. Few seconds later, they became normal.

P: tumhe kaise pataa chala ki ye bhagwaan ka pendent use rok sakta hai.
S: parth agar shaitaan me power hai to bhagwaan me usse zyada power hai. Shaitaan problems create karta hai to bhagwaan uska solution nikalte hein. Waise paani mila?

P: nahi us ghar me koi nahi tha.
S: to ab kya karen?

P: subah hone ka wait.
S: iska matlab puri raat gaadi me.

P: nahi us ghar me. Par agar wo udhar bhi aa gayi to?
S: jab tak wo pendent hai wo humara kuch bigaad nahi sakti.

They went into the house. Parth gathered some dried leaves and lit it through his lighter. They sat near the fire as it was cold.

Night 3a.m.

P: sanyukta ye lo ye kha lo. Kal se kuch nahi khaya tumne bimaar ho jaogi.(he said forwardi.g an apple)
S: ye tum kahan se laaye.

P: wo maa k liye laaya tha de nahi paaya.
S: I am sorry parth meri wajah se tum.

P: dekho sanyukta. Main ek police hoon. Ye mera kaam hai aur meri maa bahut proud feel karti hein is wajah se. Besides that tum meri friend ho. Itni to meri duty hai aur right bhi ki main itna kar sakun. So formalities band karo aur ise khao.
S: thanks parth par mujhe nahi khana, pata nahi rd kaisa hoga. Usne khaya bhi hoga ya nahi. Khane me zara si gadbad usko pasand nahi. Bahut demanding hai wo.

And a tear drop rolled down from her eyes.

P: relax sanyukta. I am sure bahut jaldi tum use apne haatho se khila rahi hogi.

She just nodded and wiped her tears. She had the apple.

After sometime, they chose two separate cornors of house for them.

P: sanyukta, please paas aa jao. Agar safety is pendent ki wajah se hai to hum dono ka is tarah door bathna dangerous ho sakta hai.
S: tum sahi keh rahe ho.

She took seat besides him, covered herself with her dupatta and soon they dozzed off.

Morning 8a.m.
Sanyu woke up first stared here and there. Sun rays were washing the whole house. She yawned and then shocked.