𝙀𝙇𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That'll be the beginning"
-TheDreamCatcher-

IT IS NOW 3 HOURS AND COUNTING SINCE 4-YEAR OLD GABBY HOFFER WAS ABDUCTED FROM HER COUSIN, SUE WALSH'S CAR

Natalie shakes her disappointingly, "How could she leave a little girl alone in a car at night?" Natalie wonders, knitting her eyebrows in confusion as she looks to Garcia who's on the video call screen.

"Sue told local authorities that she was a couple blocks from her house. She didn't want to wake Gabby up. She was in and out of that mini mart in under 4 minutes" Garcia informs.

"That's a pretty tight window of opportunity so whoever took her had to be stalking them" Derek declares before JJ wonders if there is any history of child abductions in the area.

"No, but the local registry shows a high concentration of sex offenders" Hotch answers and Natalie raises her eyebrows, worry spreading across her face because that means the team has no time to waste.

_____

Half of the team gets to the abduction site, which has been turned into a crisis, while Natalie, Derek and JJ go to Sue Walsh's house to interview her. Before they walk in, Derek looks to Natalie who fidgets with her hands nervously, "You okay?" Derek wonders before JJ knocks on the door a few times.

"Yeah, it's just- people weren't kidding when they said cases with kids are the hardest" Natalie sighs before the cop at Sue's house lets JJ, Derek and Natalie enter the home.

"Did you find Gabby?" Sue asks frantically and Natalie clears her throat, shaking her head sadly. "No, but we thought you could help" Natalie states before she, JJ and Derek introduce themselves to her.

"When we handle these cases. We start eliminating family and work our way out from there so, do you have any brothers or sisters?" JJ asks to which Sue shakes her head.

"Kate's the only family I got" Sue states, Kate being Gabby's mother. "She's more like a sister to me than a cousin. Her parents took me in after mine died" Sue declares, tears streaming down her face.

"Sorry to hear that... how old were you?" Natalie asks as she takes a seat on the couch next to JJ as Sue explains the story of how she was 8 when her parents passed.

"Did anyone take special interest in Gabby since you've had her?" Derek asks, wondering if there has been anyone around that has took a liking to Gabby that was more uncomfortable instead friendly. "No, no" Sue declares before she sniffles in her tears.