27

"Wife do you have to do this? I'm traumatized every time you get inside your sports car." Pagaalala ni Seth.

Nginitian ko naman ito. "Hubby, I'll be fine. I just want to be back." Nakangiti kong sabi rito.

"Okay but please drive safe? And update me, okay? I'm always listening. If something seems wrong, stop your car right away—-"

I pressed my lips against my husband's lips. Seth has always been paranoid about racing ever since Astrid and I had an accident.

Hindi ko maiwasan malungkot. Astrid wouldn't miss this competition knowing that I'm here. She always waited for this day to compete with me even though I would always loose for her.

"Good luck baby. You got this." Sabi ni Seth.

Sinarado ko na yung bintana at sinuot yung helmet ko. I drove towards the starting line.

"A pleasure morning to you folks, today is the 95th international championship worldwide. We have 29 racers here today and we have a very special guest!"

"It's all over the news, Zara Yoshida-Carter is making her comeback! "

"It's really good to have her back, I'm sure she'll definitely won this without any effort."

"Well she's the daughter of Jaxon Yoshida, she doesn't have a single lost even her daughter!"

"Jeez. The race track misses Astrid. I mean she's like the replica of her mother."

"You're right, John. And as much as I love to chitchat, we need to start this race."

I stepped on the engine to prepare my car. I'll win this for you, Astrid. I know you'll be proud of me.

"On your mark..."

"Ready..."

"Get set...and..." There was a gunshot, I immediately drive fast.

Nilagpasan ko yung mga kotse sa harapan ko. Agad naman akong nanguna sa race. Hinarangan ko yung nagtatangka na lagpasan ako.

[You got this, wife. Come one baby!] pag-cheer ni Seth mula sa earphone.

I already did my first lap, then the second til I had my 10th lap. I'm still leading the race, nobody even had the gut to pass my car.

I continue to drive fast as usual, just like the old days.

We're now at 19th lap. Just two more and I'll win this race. My driving is still smooth, as if nothing really changed.

Napakunot yung noo ko nang may nakita ako sa side mirror na may lumalapit sa sports car ko. Looks like someone wants to beat me.

The car was on my left side, I immediately turned to my left to block the way. Nagulat ako nang mabilis itong kumanan at agad akong naunahan!

Shit.

[Wife? What's happening?]

"I'm fine. I'll catch up." Paniniguro ko kay Seth.

I stepped on the gas to go on full speed. Napalapit ako sa kotse , pero mabilis nitong nahaharangan yung kotse ko.