Chapter Two

Glancing up from his phone, Jamie looked into my eyes and suddenly I remembered everything that I had tried so hard to forget since I left highschool.

It was year 9 when the new boy joined the school. He had golden blonde hair. His pale skin perfectly clear. Piercing blue eyes that never left your own as you spoke to him. He was the dream guy. All the girls wanted to be with him, all the boys wanted to be him. He was perfect.

One day, my best friend, Maicey, didn't show up to eat lunch with me. Glancing around the hall, I spotted her laughing with the new boy. Standing up, I weaved my way through the crowd and stood beside her. "Maicey, what the hell. You didn't tell me you were gonna ditch me for the new boy" I complained. She simply scoffed and responded "calm down, I'm just getting to know him. By the way, his name is Jamie." Her tone made it clear that she was more interested in the boy who she just met than her own childhood best friend.

From that day forwards, it was always Jamie and never me. She only ever wanted to spend time with the pretty new boy and not me. I'm not even gonna lie, I was jealous.

Snapping back to reality, I saw Jamie smile at me but I turned away and sat on the other side of the room.