Chapter Seventeen

After a while, I feel myself struggling to stay awake so I lift my head up and rub my eyes. "Are you alright, darling?" Jamie asks, clearly concerned. Instead of answering the blonde man, I start gently laughing, it was almost a giggle.

Jamie looks at me with confusion. "What is it with you and the word darling. You say it in almost every sentence, why?" I ask after I stop laughing. A confused smile appears on his face "I don't know. It sort of just happens. I honestly say it without realising most of the time" he chuckles.

We sit in a comfortable silence for a while until I begin to feel tired again. Seeing that I can barely keep my eyes open, Jamie pulls me over to him and wraps his arm around me, once again. Slowly, my head drops onto his shoulder. Just before I fall asleep, I feel a soft hand running through my hair and my cheeks begin to burn.

No way, I am not blushing over Jamie. I cautiously lift my head and look at him. He looks back at me but, for a brief second, he is staring at my lips rather than my eyes. "Simp" I mutter so he can't hear me. "What did you just say?" He questions, genuinely confused for the second time today. "Nothing" I respond. "No, you definitely said something. What was it?" Jamie pushes.

"Genuinely, I didn't say anything" Jamie doesn't accept my response and begins to tickle me mercilessly and I fall onto my back. I beg him to stop but he doesn't. "Until you tell me what you said, this is your punishment" he laughs. I try to pry his hands away from me but he's too strong. Suddenly, I get an idea and begin to weigh the pros and cons of it; he would stop tickling me but he could either hate me afterwards or think I like him.

Accepting the risk, I wrap my arms around Jamie's neck and pull him down whilst trying to push myself up until we're so close that I connect our lips. Out of, what I assume to be, shock, Jamie stops tickling me and instead uses his hands to prop himself up. Jamie doesn't pull away and neither do I for a moment.

Slowly, I separate our lips and whisper to him "I called you a simp and I proved my point". Jamie chuckles as he pushes himself so that he's sitting again. He holds a hand out to help me and I accept it. Seeing as I'm now sat sideways, I put my legs over Jamie and wrap one arm over his shoulders whilst he puts an arm around my waist.

"For your information, I'm not a simp, I just can't say no when a pretty person kisses me" he states, looking into my eyes. "Person, as in...boy or girl. I knew it, Jamie Campbell Bower is a homosexual" I laugh. He joins in whilst also rolling his eyes.

"You're ridiculous" Jamie sighs