Chapter Twenty-One

Barry's harsh, judgemental tone cuts through our laughter.
I quickly move slightly away from Jamie as I look up at the man.
"You know, if your three aren't going to take this seriously, I can just get others to play your roles." He glares at the three of us. "Is that what you want?" His hand is on his hip, a clipboard clenched in it.

Jamie quickly stands, his body language defensive.
"What the hell are you talking about!?" His voice is loud as he slightly towered the director. "Listen, just because we're taking five minutes to talk about personal stuff doesn't mean you can threaten to fire us from our job." Now Jamie is the one glaring at Barry.
I find myself weirdly attracted to this side of Jamie; the aggressive, dominant side. I can't take my eyes off of him as he verbally attacks our shitty director.
Barry's demeanor seems to shift as he glances up at the blonde, seemingly slightly intimidated.

"R-right," a stutter. Definitely scared "well, just...don't take too long. We have to practice a scene." With that, Barry turns and leaves, leaving the three of us alone once again.
Without a second thought, I jump up and throw my arms over the taller man's shoulders, embracing him into a hug. He hugs back, hands resting on the small of my back. I whisper in his ear, quiet enough that Mia can't hear,
"that was hot"
He quickly pulls away, looking into my eyes with a slight hint of blush on his cheeks. He chuckles and continues to hug me.
"You two are so cute" Mia speaks, making me remember she's there. I pull away from Jamie again and we make our way back to the set, Mia walking between me and Jamie so nobody becomes suspicious.

"Right, now that everyone's back," Barry briefly glares at us again "we can continue working on the scene." We continue to rehearse for a couple of hours before Barry calls it a night and everyone starts heading home.
"(Y/n)!" I hear Jamie call just before I get in my car. He runs up to me before he continues to talk "would you...perhaps...like to have a movie night with me and some of the others?"
Seeing that the others are looking, I pretend to be annoyed by his presence.
"Who else is going to be there?" I ask, genuinely curious.
"Oh, uh...Mia, Ty, Talia, Karl and Claire" I think back to the last movie night we had, it was the same people that attended...weird.
"Sure, I'll go" Jamie's face lights up at my response and he nods before jogging back to the group. I chuckle, shaking my head slightly as I enter my car.

"Why is he so adorable" I say to myself.