two.

after the interaction with the three younger kids, jasper and ofelia had made it back to the girls house. jasper currently laid on her bed, munching on some chips as the girl planned out her outfit for the next day.

"what do you think of this?" she asked, turning around and holding up a light pink tank top with rhinestones decorating it, the light seeming to make them look more alluring. alongside it she held a white miniskirt and some white heels that looked very high.

"can you walk in those?" jasper asked, now propping himself up on his elbows as he skeptically eyed the outfit that ofelia held up. "obviously" the girl scoffed, rolling her eyes at his question. "then it's amazing" the boy concluded, earning himself a huge smile from ofelia.

ofelia carefully put her closet in her closet, mumbling to herself about which purse and jewelry would fit it best. jasper paid no mind to her mumblings, instead choosing to lay back and relax, waiting for ofelia to join him.

when she finally joined him ofelia had already changed into her pajamas, a white silk set, tank top and shorts with some white socks. the girl laid next to jasper, stealing some of his chips before staring at him a moment, "i'm bored" she sighed out, poking his cheek as he groaned, "me too, lia" he mumbled, staring up at her ceiling.

the girl suddenly gasped, sitting up and grinning at him, "let me paint your nails!" she exclaimed, not giving him a chance to agree as she stood up and got some nail polish from her vanity, motioning for him to sit up.

jasper didn't argue, only sitting up and putting his hands out for her, "what are you wearing tomorrow?" she asked, eyeing him skeptically. "i dunno, whatever is clean i guess" he shrugged, eliciting a groan from her.

"wear a green top and black pants" she said, grabbing a dark green and black nail polish. "that way your nails can match" she hummed, smiling as she began to paint the boys nails. the boy only shook his head, chuckling before agreeing.

the two had been friends for as long as jasper could remember, and they had stayed friends, never once having a single fight. no one understood how they were such good friends, ofelia coming from a somewhat wealthy family and jasper not so much.

despite this the two got on exceptionally well, doing many things together in the time that they had been friends. the two told eachother everything, or, almost everything. jasper isn't completely sure how but he somehow managed to keep the whole upside down ordeal a secret, and he was surprised that ofelia never pressed him about it.

so here he sat, his best friend painting his nails as he hid a huge secret from her, one that she was blissfully unaware about. his thoughts were interrupted by her voice as she finished his left hand, moving onto the right one. "so, about that eyebrow piercing. i will give you forty bucks if you let me do it" she said, smiling up at him for a second before going back to his nails.

jasper stopped blowing on his nails, taking a moment to think about it before scoffing, "you think that's going to work?" he asked, "i mean, it worked when i pierced your nipples" she shrugged, smirking up at jasper. her smirk immediately disappeared as jasper used the palm of his hand to smack her forehead, careful to not mess up his nails. "shut up" he muttered, chuckling as she swatted his hand away with a groan.

"besides, that only worked because i needed the money, and it's not like many people will see them" he said earning himself an unconvinced look from ofelia, who scoffed and nodded, "whatever you say" she muttered, capping the nail polish as she finished.

the two froze as ofelia's door suddenly opened, jasper still blowing at his nails, hoping that they would dry fast. ofelia's mom, carmen, stood at the door, a sweet smile on her face. "jasper, honey, are you sleeping over tonight?" she asked, looking at jasper, whose cheeks flushed red at the term she used for him.

"i'll be going home soon, miss gomez. thank you for having me over" he said sweetly, a kind smile on his face as she nodded. "alright mijo, just know you're always welcome over. i packed some left over lasagna for you" carmen said, causing jasper's stomach to feel warm at her kind gesture. "thank you so much" jasper exclaimed, knowing how delicious her lasagna was.

carmen only chuckled, smiling softly once more, before muttering a good night and leaving to bed, closing the door softly behind her. "i love your mom" jasper sighed out, smiling at ofelia, who snorted and shook her head, "you love her lasagna, you mean" she said, rolling her eyes playfully as he chuckled.

"i should get going" he finally said, frowning as he saw that it was fairly dark outside. "do you want a ride?" ofelia asked, also looking outside in worry. "naw, i'll skate home" jasper assured, smiling at her as he stood and put his converse back on, swinging his backpack over his shoulder and grabbing his skateboard.

"alright" ofelia hummed, getting up and leading him down stairs, where she out the tupperware of lasagna in his backpack. "be careful, alright?" she asked, hugging him softly as they now stood on her porch, the only other sound being crickets. "always" he said, winking at her before he took off, skating off into the darkness.

words: 938

JUPITER SPEAKS!
in the original version of this, ofelia's mom did not have a name & jasper spent the night over AND he had a chat with max, i decided to change that so next chap will be a completely new one, where jasper is home and he DOES talk to max but i think it'll be very different from how i originally wrote it :)