Chapter Six: "No One Like You"

I held Eddie on the floor of that boathouse, while everyone else stood there watching us

 I held Eddie on the floor of that boathouse, while everyone else stood there watching us. I felt so much relief just to have him near me. "Why are they here?" Eddie asked finally "They are here to help, they know what is going on," I responded. "We know you didn't hurt Chrissy," Dustin said being the first to speak. You could see the relief wash over Eddie's face, "You believe us, or well I mean Lunar told you what happened?" Eddie stammered through the sentence. "Yes, we have dealt with this before, well kinda," Robin added in. "There is a place like Hawkins that isn't Hawkins and it's full of evil shit, we have fought and won before. There is this girl with superpowers that usually helps us" Steve added. Eddie looked a little confused and I reached for one of the bags from the gas station, I opened one of the bags of chips. I fed them to Eddie he open his mouth and began to munch as he listen to everyone tell them about what had happened to them over the last few years. Dustin began to compare the new entity to Vecna from their D&D game. "So what are we going to do?" Eddie asked in between handfuls of chips. "Well, all we have to do is find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence," Dustin responded. "Oh that's all we have to do Dustin," Eddie's response oozed sarcasm.

"We also have to save Max," Steve added "Not helping the situation, Harrington." Eddie snapped. I grabbed his arm, he looked at me. "I think we need another place besides here, the police are already looking for you and I don't want you found," I said.

"Do you want the good news or the bad news first," Robin asked Eddie. "Bad news first, always," he said. "The murder is all over the tv, but they haven't released your name yet," Robin said " I also agree with Lunar that you two should go somewhere else before they do release your name and then you have more than the police looking for you," Robin added. "Hunt 'the freak' right?" Eddie whispered in response to Robin's news. "Yeah," Robin responded with empathy in her eyes. "I have a little money and think we could hold up at a motel outside of the town limits while we try and get this sorted," I said looking from Eddie to the others. Eddie nodded as he pulled me into his lap. I caressed the side of his face, he closed his eyes and sighed.

We all turned at the sound of police sirens, "Shit" we all said almost simultaneously. Steve and Dustin hurried to the window in time to see police vehicles speed down the street lights flashing. They flew right past Reefer Ricks, Steve looked back to Eddie and I "I am going to go see what that is about, can I have your keys?" He asked me holding up his hand for me to throw the keys to him. I nodded and toss them, He ran out the door the others following. "Stay here until we get back." Dustin turned back and said before jogging to the others.

The three left Eddie and me there on the old dirt-covered floor, Silence filling the air. "Eddie, I heard a voice in the woods," he looked at me "What do you mean? What kind of voice?" he asked grabbing my face. "It was deep, and it called for me from the woods, I didn't see anyone but it felt like there were eyes on me from every direction," I said trembling and looking into his eyes as they filled with concern and fear. I could feel the tears welling up "well, it couldn't be just a condescendence, could it?" I sniffled. He wiped the tears from my cheek "We will figure it out, I promise," He pulled me in and kissed my forehead. I cuddled into his chest and found solace in the moment. I finally drifted off to the sound of his heartbeat.