012 | Liars

Namjoon

Namjoon

I was furious at the book that held the lies about my family, nothing but fake words on every page. I ran towards the exit of the woods. My body wanted to change so I could gain more speed, but I had to stay human. I had another werewolf to investigate.

"Namjoon!" My name was called out, echoing throughout the quiet woods. I heard it get repeated until Jungkook came into sight.

"Namjoon, there you are." He said out of breath.

"Go home Jungkook." I turned around and started walking away. "No. You need to come home with me."

"Do as I say and get your ass back home. I'll be back soon. I need to look into something." I demanded and continue my journey.

I never heard any more from Jungkook as I made my way into the centre where all of the shops were. If I was fully human, my legs would be aching from the journey I've just walked, but thankfully it never bothered me.

I crossed the busy road and walked past people as they finished their work for the day. The sun was setting so I had to hurry. I walked around the corner and stopped with my eyes focused at the map of the centre in front of me.

"I told you to go home." I turned around to see Jungkook a few steps behind me.

"I can't go back myself, I was told to bring you back." Jungkook groaned, "Just leave and we can come back another day, it's getting late." He panicked.

"So you listen to the others, but not me?" I questioned.

Jungkook stood silent for a moment as I looked at the time on the tower in front of me, "I need to go." I walked away again hearing his footsteps following behind.

I ignored him as I finally found the library and walked in, hearing the bell ring from above the door.

A head popped up from the desk at the back, and an elderly woman stood up putting on her glasses, "We are closing in five minutes." She announced.

"This won't take long." I answered, "Do you have any others working here, a male?"

She shook her head, "It's only me and my sister that work here. It's a family business. Is there anything I can help you with today?"

"Do you have any books about mythology creatures?" I looked at her as she looked almost entertained by the question.

"The fictional books are behind you, is it something for a kid?" I grew agitated, I was now wasting my time being here.

"No. I was just wondering. Thank you. I'll be on my way now." I tried my best to smile and walked away embarrassed.

I walked out of the store to see Jungkook impatiently waiting outside. He stood up straight when he caught me coming out while I just stared at him.

I kept my mouth shut and walked away, heading home.

I felt betrayed.

Once we were home I walked straight into the house to see everyone together sitting in the living room.

"Namjoon, you're back." Jin stood up to greet me.

"Why?" I mumbled, watching their faces drop. "Why did you all lie to me?"