Part 6. I can see you

It was the day before Christmas. The day I used to spend with my parents but now I was sitting by myself on a bench at the park. The snow had fell last night and everything was cover in white, it actually looked beautiful but I couldn't loose myself in that type of beauty, my head was elsewhere. I was thinking about my mother and how she just walked away from me, how she never said anything to me and how in the past few days she had disappeared. Was she okay? Was she alone? Why wouldn't she come back home? What was happening? Too many questions but no answers, not even dad was answering.

           So I had spent my holidays sitting in this bench, just waiting for something to happen. Waiting to wake up from this dream.

            But it wasn't a dream. My life wouldn't be the same and I had to face the truth and move forward. I couldn't keep this childish attitude. It wasn't my fault, my parents were both adults and they would have to solve their problems. I was going to keep looking ahead and study, go to college and have a job. I would continue with my life. My new life; one without a mother, one with a silent father.

            I stood with all my might and prepared myself: I was going to have a good night. I was going to go for a walk downtown and admire the Christmas decorations, maybe treat myself with some ice cream and stop being so miserable.

             I had a plan and I was going to fulfill it.

* * *

             It was New Year's Eve and I was back on the same bench as usual. I guess it had become a routine for me. I sighed, my dad left a note saying that he was going to a reunion with his workmates and that he would be late so I walked out of the house and found myself sitting there.

             Holidays were almost over and I would have to go back to school and go back to my homework routines. I didn't want to say that I was depressed, but I surely was. A frozen slash of wind smashed against my face and made my tremble, it was already night and the best thing I could do was going back home. I sigh for the thousandth time and cover my face with my hands. It was pointless, even though I had tried my best to cheer up and move on, it was painfully impossible.

            Snow stared to fall and I had to wrap my arms around me for some extra warm up but just then I felt something else wrapping around me. I opened my eyes and recognize the beautiful shades of chocolate brown eyes that were staring at me. I gasped and move backwards.

           "Why are you always here?" he asked bending forward so his face was right in front of mine.

            "I like it here," I answered softly.

            "You like to freeze?" he questioned while cocking an eyebrow. Something about his question made me feel self-conscious.

             "Why are you here?" I retorted changing the topic.

              "I guess I like it here, too."

              I looked at him. He was obviously making fun of me. But I wasn't in the mood to argue with him so I stood and move away from him. After a few seconds he was by my side walking silently.

             "I want you to come with me," he said out of the blue and stopped. I stopped aswel and looked at him.

             "Where?" I asked.

             "You'll see."

             He took my hand and start walking. I didn't know why, but I let him take me wherever he wanted to go. I just wanted to go away from that park.

             So we walked in silence but I enjoyed it; some calm time with him take me to a different place. I felt safe with him. My free hand went up to my neck, there was wrapped the blue scarf that he had given me. After a while we stopped in front of a beautiful house, the colors were perfectly combined and everything was in the right place.

           "Where are we?" I asked, even though I could imagine it.

           "This is my house," he said looking right into my eyes, "I want you to come here every time you're feeling lonely or sad or when you need to escape from your house."

           I stared at him in confusion. Why he was saying that to me? Why he was being like this? Where was the annoying boy from school?

           "Why?" I managed to ask.

           "Because I don't want you to bleed again."

           "How...?" I stared but got interrupted by his actions.

           He was hugging me, his arms were wrapped around my body and the only thing I could do was letting him do it. I wanted to feel safe and I was feeling safe there in his arms.

           "How?" he asked softly, "because I can see you."

            We stood there for a while. I didn't dare to hug him back so I just let him hold me close to him. I just enjoyed the warmth and peace I had in his arms.