9) my fight is not over

*bucky pov*

I'm slowly regaining consciousness and the pain is coming back. Not to be compared to the pain you suffer from Hydra, of course, but damn, she defeated me, which means she hasn't forgotten anything, on the contrary she seems stronger than ever. A very worthy opponent, but what else could I expect from y/n?

*y/n pov*

"You're awake... Don't try it by the way"
I try to explain it to him, but it seems like he doesn't listen to me.

He starts struggling and trying to get free as if he hasn't been hurt enough already.

"These handcuffs even held a god in place, so just stop"
But even now he doesn't seem to be listening, he yanks at the handcuffs that I fastened on the bed rail

"Please, I don't have bandages left to bandage your wrists if you hurt yourself"
Now I have his attention, he looks over at me.

I made myself comfortable at the end of the bed and prepared bandages for myself.

He looks at me in amazement, his gaze wanders from the handcuffs to his leg to me.

"Don't worry you'll be fine, I didn't mean to hurt you too much it's just a flesh wound"
I try to explain to him, but it's probably not the answer he expected or wanted.

He just stares at me like he did two days ago when he was in my apartment, well this time you can see at least a hint of emotion on his face, his gaze now drifts to my still bleeding wound

"I wanted to take care of your leg first"

I explain to him as I got up and walked over to the old table that was standing in the corner of the room, he winced and yanked on the handcuffs again as if he wanted to follow me.

"It's not that bad by the way"

I took the bottle of vodka that I found in one of the cupboards, the person who was here won't miss it, this old little shack looks like nobody has been here for years anyway, everything is dusty and there are Cobwebs in every corner , even the small window isn't even tight, the cool night wind blows into this room, and you can't lock the door either, but this old little dusty thing is enough to get some rest and to treat wounds.

"Let me help you"
The Winter soldier offered me more solidly, I just turn to him in confusion

"Help me? Oh, I can do that on my own"
I turn around again, almost losing my balance, but I still manage to hold onto the table and the chair next to me, causing the chair to tip over

"You can hardly stand"
He tries to explain to me, well he's right, it's all spinning, I'm incredibly dizzy and nauseous to attribute it all to blood loss.

"I free you so you can run away? No... It's alright thanks"
I try to explain to him whereupon he looks at me somehow angry but also sad at the same time

"I'm running away is your only concern"
He asks me, I actually want to turn around but it's hard for me to hold on to the table and it's hard to stand on my feet.

"If you wanted to kill me...then I would be..."
I can't finish the sentence, my eyelids get too heavy and my strength is completely gone, I try to hold on somewhere but can't.
A soft scream escapes me as I hit the ground and my eyes go black.

________________

"Y/n?"
He asks worried, but she doesn't answer him.

"Y/n? Come on"
If he tries again but still he gets no answer. So he tugs at the handcuffs even more, it takes a few minutes, groans and screams of pain sound through the room, but he manages to free his right hand somehow, so it's not difficult to free the other hand as well.

He quickly runs to y/n who is lying on the floor, he lays his head on her chest to hear if there is breathing and heartbeat.

"Don't you dare dying in my arms, do you understand sweetheart?"
Her breathing is very shallow and heavy, and her pulse is also extremely weak.

He picks her up, carries her to the bed and lays her down, putting a pillow under her head before pushing her t-shirt up

"Oh shit...."
Is the only thing he can really say, the wound seems to be infected, that's still missing.

"I'm not a doctor damn... Y/n?"
Is he trying to wake her up?

"Take the knife..."
Mumbles y/n very softly and faintly

"Knife?...hey I want to help you... Don't"
He stops talking when he realizes what y/n wants him to know, she points to her bag, so he quickly goes looking for something he doesn't know himself.

He unpacks the whole bag, knives, two guns, gear, a cellphone.

"Lighter...take it..."
Stuttered y/n.

He quickly grabs the knife from the table and the lighter, and he doesn't like this thought.

"This is gonna hurt like hell y/n..."
Even though he knows it's the only possibility, he doesn't want to do it, he doesn't want to cause y/n any more pain than she was going through anyway because of him

"My fight...is..."

"Your fight is not over..okay...okay..this...I'll do it..."
He cut her off as he held the blade into the small fire.

When it starts to glow, the nervousness and fear increases, even the winter can probably lose it.

He bends down and looks into her eyes, she just nods. Without warning, he puts the red-hot knife to the wound to kountarize it.

A loud scream echoes through the small hut, but it quickly passes because y/n fainted again from the pain.
He feels her breath and pulse again, her heart is racing this time and her breathing is still heavy but the worst should be over.

"I'll be right back ..."
He whispered to her and gave her a gentle kiss on her forehead
"But please don't die during this time okay?"
He turns around the room and looks for something to wear.
He looks through all sorts of closets that are falling apart, in a broken old wooden dresser he finds some old clothes, a lumberjack shirt and a pair of blue jeans, so he changes quickly because the way he looked like he couldn't go anywhere.

He put one of the weapons lying on the table in the back of his trousers and hid it with his shirt.
He puts on blue cap and leaves the hut.