2) i want the truth

"Y/n"
nodded, one of the agents who work at S.H.I.E.L.D like me greeted me as I walked into the building.

"Anderson.."
I answered friendly, there are few who know me here, at least my looks, my reputation and my name are a bit ahead of me. I'm mostly a loner. Not only because I think that the other agents are in my way, I just like to be on my own, oh yeah, I also don't really trust anyone. And when it comes to life and death, I only trust myself. Although there is someone, Steve Rogers or whatever I call him Captain. After the thing with the winter soldier... He probably saved my life, which actually shows that I could trust other people...but still i can't

"Id?"
Called one of the guards sitting at the reception desk at the main entrance and pulled me out of my thoughts.

"I'm agent y/n identification number 1301x7"
I replied, without even looking at him I calmly walked to the door leading to the security area.

"Your id...card..otherwise there is no entry little lady"
he got up and his tone became more serious as if i was a threat but well like i said few know what i look like most dont even know my real name, just that there is an agent like me

" It's Agent...I don't have my ID with me,"
I replied coldly, but still didn't stop to look at him or argue with him, I don't even have time for that.

"Then there is no access to the security area"
the old man raised his voice and looked for a phone on his desk.

"How are you going to stop me?" I asked again in a very calm but serious tone as I just yanked the door open.

"Hey lady"
" It's Agent damn it"
this time I got mad, even though it's normal, I don't look like an agent, or like a fighter, but above all I'm a woman... There really aren't that many around here.

"Security get this lady,"
the agent yells over the phone.
But that doesn't stop me.

"Stop, I said stop!"
a man shouted behind me. I slowly turned around and saw two more men, all wearing a S.H.I.E.L.D uniform, I couldn't recognize the two on the right and left because of their caps and I didn't even know the one standing in the middle. Of course I don't, after all there are thousands working at S.H.I.E.L.D and most of them don't even leave this building while they're on the job, only a handful have been selected for field, the best of the best, so to speak.

"Oh come on Agents, do you really want to stop me?"
I asked with a small grin.

"Agent y/n.. I'm sorry"
explained the man on the left, one of the men I don't recognize in the bright light.

"She has no access"
replies the man standing in the middle

"She has  you idiot. She's like Fury's right hand. Let's go,"
the one on the left whispered to the other, after which they lowered the weapons aimed at me and left. The reputation that precedes me, a blessing and a curse at the same time.

Finally arriving at Nick's office, I eavesdrop to see if he might be in a meeting, but it's quiet so I just walk in

"You really gotta get in the habit of knocking y/n"
Fury laughed, although he sat with his back to the door, he knew it was me, the other agents have a different relationship with Fury, they have a lot of respect and fear for him, but I respect him like everyone else but fear, no, not with Nick.

"If you don't want to see anyone you should close the door"
I replies as I walk through the room which is relatively empty, some cabinets lined the walls with files and a desk by the window, a waste of such a large room I would add to say.

"A locked door doesn't stop someone like you."
He turned to me in his chair, for the fact that I've just caused trouble and I'm sure he knows it, since all the agents inform him directly about everything, he seems very relaxed .
I only respond to his statement with a smile, because he's right a stupid locked door is the last thing that could stop me.

"So y/n why do I have the honor of seeing you in person?"
He asked me as he pointed his hand to the chair in front of his desk as a sort of invitation to sit down. But I stop

"I want my files"
I replied in plain language, without unnecessary back and forth.

"You won't get these files,"
Nick said calmly, a bit too calm for his standards, even to me, he's strict and has a corresponding tone, but somehow it's different today.

"You can't do that to me,"
I replied, and even though I don't want to, I don't want to show that I'm angry and disappointed, but I'm showing it too openly.

"No y/n I can and I will"

"Two years ago when Tony found me almost dead in that goddamn dark alley, you know...I remembered all the faces and names of the people I'd killed, but not even mine...my own names"

*fury pov*

"Do you know how that is?"
She asked me, her eyes glazed over and even though she was trying so hard not to show anything she couldn't, I know it must be hard for her but she just doesn't get it.

"Y/n when you get the files there's no guarantee you'll remember"
I try to explain to her

"But it's worth a try"
the desperation in her voice is getting louder with each statement, I know she doesn't understand me but to be honest I shouldn't be surprised that she wants to know.

"I just want to protect you, you have to understand that"
but she probably won't, especially not now after seeing the winter soldier again

"What the hell .. why are you all like this..I'm not a little kid to watch every damn second"

"Nobody says that, but maybe I don't want to lose you."
I try to explain to her further, these files are tough, definitely not for the faint of heart, I know these files inside out, and everything, everything in itself y/n not remembered, it's a blessing.

"What's so bad, I've killed hundreds if not thousands...I know I'm a murderer, and yet you took me in...trusted..."
She's right, I trust her, but I can't tell her the truth, not yet.

"y/n please"

"You know I won't let go I'm stubborn and.."
she says as she wipes a tear from her face and is about to leave the room, I quickly get up and follow her,

"Y/n stop that"
I try to tell her as I grabbed her arm, probably tighter than I wanted.

"Let me go nick,"
she said, more of a threat than a request, I let go of her arm

"It's only for your own good"

"How is it supposed to be for the best? I don't remember who I am... That's not a thing you can deny me, if you won't help me I'll find out by  myself"
Her voice was getting lower and lower than her walked down the hall towards the exit as quickly as possible.