Smoothie King

A/N: contains drug use

This is based on the song Smoothie King by Bowling for Soup. Not a necessity to know it or listen to it unless you want a little background. I did tweak some aspects of the song's story to fit a better relationship in my own story, but there are direct lyrics and instances from the song as well.

I was walking around the mall with my best friend, Eddie Munson on a Saturday afternoon.

"So where you wanna go sunshine?" Eddie asked looking at me expectantly.

He had always called me that since we were kids, even though now I wear dark clothes and makeup, he still says I'm his bright sunshine. I'm pretty sure he does it now to be ironically funny. I rolled my eyes at him playfully, trying to ignore my butterflies.

"No I don't even know exactly where I want to go." I said looking around.

"Is that a double negative?" He asked me confused.

"Why are you asking me about math on a weekend Munson?" I questioned.

"Well I don't know, maybe you're being sarcastic. You said no twice.. I think." He was now looking at the ground like he was doing a physics problem in his mind.

"Stop being dumb." I laughed.

He smiled at me and before he could answer I asked, "Wanna join me for a smoke break?"

Without letting him reply, since I knew it would be a yes, I began my walk towards the door.

We passed a joint back and forth for a moment at the side of the building before heading back inside for some munchies.

Eddie threw some gum in his mouth after he put out the joint to get rid of his smokers breath, and popped bubbles the whole way back.

"Eddie, I swear to God if you pop another damn bubble in my ear, I'll make sure the next one pops in your ass with my foot." I said looking at him angrily.

"Don't have a conniption, sunshine." Eddie said smiling as he walked to the garbage can.

He spit his gum out looking at me with a dorky face for approval.

I let my side smile slip, even though I was trying to keep my scowl on my face.

"And here I was thinking I finally had a valid reason to shove my foot up your ass, Munson." I said to him smirking as he walked back over to me.

"You would not beat me over gum, I am your best friend and you love me too much for that." He said to me.

Little did he know I loved him a whole lot more than just as a friend, and I would gladly shove my big black boot up anyone's ass who tried to intervene with his happiness.

"You're right but I will beat you if you don't buy me a pretzel in the next 5 minutes." I teased.

"Right this way you little schoolyard psychopath." He said.

"Hey! You're the fucker that continues to hang out with me even though you deem me a 'psychopath'." I said as we approached the pretzel stand.