002. | NOT THE FIRST ON EARTH

CHAPTER TWO : 𝙴𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚑 𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚜
𝚁𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚢'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠.

IT WAS EARLY MORNING AND MY ARM still slightly hurt but not bad. The cuts in my arm have scabbed over and was starting to itch.

All I could think about was if we made the right decision. Me and Dylan had talked but what if we were acting impulsive, just wanting to have freedom.

"I'm sure if you keep getting deep in thoughts, you'll loose brain cells." Dylan says, coming into my tent.

I look and see him holding a rock and a stick. "I'm not... in thought." I mutter. He scoffs and lays down beside me.

"Sure." I sigh, not trying to hide anymore that I was in deep thought, and I couldn't help it— I was an over thinker.

Dylan starts scratching the rock with the stick and it sounds awful. "What are you doing?" He looks over at me and blinks.

"What do you think I'm doing— I'm drawing." I narrow my eyes, looking at the giant rock.

"Don't look at me like that. I don't have paint or anything like that, this is all I got." I smile, shaking my head.

I then look straight ahead, sitting beside him. "Do you think we made a bad idea?" I then look over at him again.

He stops 'drawing' and sighs. "I knew you were thinking to much." He bites the inside of his cheek.

"I'm not sure what's a good decision or not, to be honest. Both parts made sense... except, we have no reason for those people up there to live."

"I know... I just—I wish everything was easier and..." I trail off, closing my eyes.

"I know." He replies softly. "I wish your parents were good people... my dad is alive but— you know."

I nod. "You know, Bellamy made a good point but it felt off when he was talking, like he needed to do this and not because of freedom— I just can't put a finger on it."

"It didn't feel off with me until he was talking to Wells." Dylan admits and I nod along. "True. When he was talking to Wells, it did sound almost forced."

"We can't take it back now, Bellamy did make a good point." Dylan shrugs. "But Wells made a good point as well." I point out, "With the doctors and everyone."

"Except for... they might not even come down because of the ships." I narrow my eyes and turn to Dylan.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean— you remember Robin, the girl I talked to that one day and I told you not to worry about it?"

"Yea of course, because you looked scared out of your mind." He nods, putting the rock beside him.

"Yea she said— before she died— that there was not enough ships to carry everybody down here. Another reason is there is only a handful of people now that can work on ships, and get some of the broken ones working."

"Shit... that's not good. So there's a chance nobody will come down. Or not as many as we could come down here."

"Glad I don't have any family up there, I would be upset over it. I do feel bad over some other families but still."